LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Soooo, what are the positives?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Formations . I do like the fact we are actually lining up in 3 wideout sets . I like that we present different looks even using the triple wide on one side . The defence is also bringing pressure from everywhere. Looks like the staff are creative in their schemes which is a positive ! However I really would love to see a thread titled .... What are the negatives , I think we all have a little more to say in that area .
Originally posted by thl408:
Ray Ray
Patton
Tank
Dawson

Except for Ray Ray, I agree with you. That dumbass taunting penalty takes the moron off my "positives" list...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ray Ray
Patton
Tank
Dawson

Redmond! McCray!
I love the potential shown by our revamped offensive line. Having Anthony Davis and Joshua Garnett starting at the guard spots could make a strong OL if they can gel together.
Good
-Blaine Gabbert is solid. Seems to be like a Alex Smith type. Not going to wow you but will move the ball smartly without turning it over.
-RBs all did good and the fumbling bros actually held onto to the ball. Dujuan Harris looked really good too!
-first team O-line was creating serious holes and clean pockets. I really noticed Kilgore being a stud the whole time he was in
-Ray Ray looks to win the job. He is perfect to compliment Bowman. Love how he shoots the gaps to get to the runner and how he can cover the TEs.
-TJE played well last night. Made alot of plays
-Purcell played the nose great
-Patton actually did something
-Driskel probably would of had a scoring drive if his dam receivers would catch the ball. He did good though. Showed great pocket presence and delivered accurate throws
-MY BOY TANK looks great.
Kaep looked back to his 2012 form
The most positive thing was seeing definitively how Kap really plays.
No fumbles...that's an improvement. Garrison Smith 5 tackles. Tank & Rush each a sack. I think they played so hard vs Denver they weren't firing on all cylinders vs the Pack. They can finish the preseason 2-2 with a win in SD. Arguably the biggest thing is Kelly & his staff are getting good looks at all their players in game situations. I don't see any reason to be down on them...they're a work in progress...only time & regular season games will show the mettle of this team.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Blaine throwing a TD is one.

What else?

According to the boxscore that never happened.

The Good
-Hyde ran the ball well, he is such a beast that I can't see him having less than 1,200 yards rushing in this offense if he can stay healthy.

-Davis looked pretty good, made some nice catches and didn't fumble the football.

-Harris didn't fumble the football and showed some nifty movies in the open field.

-Quinton Patton got to boogie, scored a TD, made a nice special teams tackle and will likely start out as the #2 WR.

-Gabbert didn't turn the football over and kept the offense moving

-The OL held up well early on in pass and run blocking.

-You can't stop Marcus Rush, you can only hope to contain him.

-Vance McDonald made his best effort to grab some of Kaepernick's wobbly off target throws.

-Driskel has looked better every single game and he ran the offense well.

-Christian Ponder can go back to renovating his house.

-Celek continues to be a solid all around TE that can do it all.

-Tank looks like he's ready to bring the pain.

The bad
-Erik Pears still looks utterly hapless against backup players.

-Jerome Simpson couldn't catch the football with this:

-Corey Lemonier has no clue what he's doing, he just lowers his head and charges forward.

-Christian Ponder realized he is actually Christian Ponder

-Chris Davis got served up extra well done tonight

-Most of the DL struggled to get any kind of push against the Packers OL.

-Jim O'Neil. Secondary got beat up pretty badly as Packers kept taking advantage of a huge cushion that their WRs were getting.

-Getting lit up by an undrafted quarterback.

-Injuries. A bunch of 49ers went down tonight and poor Eli Harold keeps getting lit up by his own guys.

Good summary.

Ditto!!!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Buchy:
If the receivers had caught those passes from Driskel we'd all be talking about him.

Agreed

This

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Good
-Blaine Gabbert is solid. Seems to be like a Alex Smith type. Not going to wow you but will move the ball smartly without turning it over.
-RBs all did good and the fumbling bros actually held onto to the ball. Dujuan Harris looked really good too!
-first team O-line was creating serious holes and clean pockets. I really noticed Kilgore being a stud the whole time he was in
-Ray Ray looks to win the job. He is perfect to compliment Bowman. Love how he shoots the gaps to get to the runner and how he can cover the TEs.
-TJE played well last night. Made alot of plays
-Purcell played the nose great
-Patton actually did something
-Driskel probably would of had a scoring drive if his dam receivers would catch the ball. He did good though. Showed great pocket presence and delivered accurate throws
-MY BOY TANK looks great.

Good post!

Blair had another good game too.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Baalke's last year.

This
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
It looks like we will get the first overall pick to trade away for a fortune or draft Garrett

Yeah, but do we suck enough to lose enough to get him?
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Ray Ray
Patton
Tank
Dawson

Except for Ray Ray, I agree with you. That dumbass taunting penalty takes the moron off my "positives" list...

That doesn't undo how well he played. He was definitely a positive.
49ers will get more coverage on NFL network and ESPN now because of Kaepernick sitting
Share 49ersWebzone