LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

What do you think is the 49ers biggest weakness on D...how would you remedy it?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After seeing the niners give up an opening TD against Denver, for me, it seems to be the MLB spot next to Bowman. None of the three impress me much. Wanted to see the others get a shot at it with the first team. Even if they platoon they don't seem to be that impressive.
Front 7

to fix put in the starting front 7

/
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
FRONT 7 isn't the problem..

it's the DL.. everyone in the line is SUPER SOFT..
agreed front 7... WE are trying to relive what we had in Super Bowl Days but don't have it. If we didn't have all the retirements (P. Willis, Borland, A. Davis ) we could've easily rebuilt... but we are in a crap hole. the teams that rebound quickly like the Patriots did not have that many retirements... we are doing what we can but it's not going to be the way we like it according to popularity. Baalke wants what he wants, it has worked and that is why it contenues... until then let's see, and we will see good players pass by unless thier good Defence players who will work... trust
[ Edited by Constantine on Aug 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM ]
I think our D line is a lot better this year, other wise they will get torched in the secondary playing press-man. The LB corp minus Bowman might be considered as a whole weak, especially MLB next to Bowman.
Outside pash rush. Also, our d line get pushed back too much
Besides Bowman every player on this defense is a question mark. I honestly can't give you a concrete assessment bout anybody else really.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Kaepernick
Looked like a lot of missed assignments on 3rd and 4th down. Start Rush.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 26, 2016 at 9:39 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The key is Buckner and Armstead. They don't have to be Justin Smith.

Share 49ersWebzone