LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

If our season goes bad early and stays that way

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no baalke wont be drafting impact players or signing impact free agents. doesnt matter how much money we have he wont do it its against our teams methods to pick up playmakers. so we wont be signing anyone worthy or drafting anyone worthy until baalke either isnt GM anymore or someone else takes over control of personnel
Originally posted by stefano89:
no baalke wont be drafting impact players or signing impact free agents. doesnt matter how much money we have he wont do it its against our teams methods to pick up playmakers. so we wont be signing anyone worthy or drafting anyone worthy until baalke either isnt GM anymore or someone else takes over control of personnel

Point entirely missed. Define playmakers. Hyde isnt a playmaker? Lynch? Buckner? Boldin?

I think you will find Armstead and Buckner are impact players.

John Madden killed football.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

The season has not started yet and this is how much confidence people have. I'm not surprised at all.

When your two best quarterbacks on the team should be out of the league, then it's going to be a long season.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
LOL.

The season has not started yet and this is how much confidence people have. I'm not surprised at all.

When your two best quarterbacks on the team should be out of the league, then it's going to be a long season.

4 words: Nick Foles Sam Bradford
Originally posted by English:

Point entirely missed. Define playmakers. Hyde isnt a playmaker? Lynch? Buckner? Boldin?

Yup!
I think this is a great year for fans, management and players to be patient. Chip can coach and the start of accumulating talent has begun. This team will probably be pretty competitive this season, but with the hardest schedule in the NFL, and so many young players, wins will be tough to come by.

Well drafting they have no choice (pretty much). But FAs have a choice, and as evidence by last offseason, agents don't want their players going to the niners because of our toxic front office.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Well drafting they have no choice (pretty much). But FAs have a choice, and as evidence by last offseason, agents don't want their players going to the niners because of our toxic front office.

Toxic front office is one thing, but honestly, I think FAs avoided us because nobody wanted to come play with a group of clunks with a clueless HC, as well as his staff. THAT and the crappy quality of play is what kept FAs away from here. Now wiht an OL that is best in yrs, a DL that has two DEs bound for all pro shortly, a decent NT, LBs Bowman, Hodges, and ??, DBs much improved, 4 deep RBs, 3 very good TEs, and then the QB....that is the weak sister here, and that is readily fixable with next draft.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
LOL.

Let's not forget 2 more
The sanchise

He even made him look good. Philly had a good rb a very good OL and a good deep threat.
We have a good rb a good but not very good OL (not yet) and the best deep threat

Originally posted by NCommand:

It was a long year with Bradford and with Foles he had the novelty. The facts are his offenses have been less efficient every year. That's not saying he can't succeed but he may need a real qb here soon.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It was a long year with Bradford and with Foles he had the novelty. The facts are his offenses have been less efficient every year. That's not saying he can't succeed but he may need a real qb here soon.

True but the fact remains he got the most out of his qbs and offenses wherever he went. He is a great playcaller and offensive mind. I think kap and gabbert are both better than Bradford and especially foles.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
how EARLY is early in your opinion??

like if we go 1-5???
g
Originally posted by elguapo:
True but the fact remains he got the most out of his qbs and offenses wherever he went. He is a great playcaller and offensive mind. I think kap and gabbert are both better than Bradford and especially foles.

His first year his offense was amazing, second year it was good, last year though it was below average. Bradford had the same qb rating we'd shred Kap for. You have to adjust to the amount of plays he runs and not just look at the 400 yards, 25 points. Reason being you run that many play and the reverse holds true as well and the d will give up more.

I think he's a great offensive mind but by the end the bells and whistles aren't going to work and you need talent. The league adjusts to everything. I don't think Foles was good I think he started when teams didn't know how to react to Chip. Now they have a much better handle.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 26, 2016 at 11:15 AM ]
So in the scenario that our offense blows due to poor QB play and Garrapolo tears it up showing he can be a legit QB, would you be down to send a high pick to the patriots for Garrapolo?

This seems like a likely scenario since tom brady has at least another 2-3 years in which Garrapolo would hit FA already and they would get nothing in exchange for him. Plus they drafted Briskett who they seem very high on who may be Brady successor given the timing of his rookie contract.
Share 49ersWebzone