LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

What stat line would Kaepernick need to have Friday to be named QB1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What stat line would Kaepernick need to have Friday to be named QB1?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap just needs to hit his receivers when they're open. His accuracy will be his downfall if he doesn't correct this.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 24, 2016 at 1:29 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap just needs to hit his receivers when they're open. His accuracy will be his downfall if he doesn't correct this.

Yeah, stats can lie... Anybody care to say what Justin Smith thinks about stats? Lol.

I wanna see some consistent accurate throws, poise, execution and consistency from Kap that makes you say he's noticeably/clearly an upgrade from Blaine. I'm excited to watch him though... It's been a while, this is our boy who almost had us tattooing his name on our butts lol. I like Gabbert too doe who reminds me of the homie Alex, it's a unique Deja Vu type of part two feeling.

The year of the comeback kids. Errywhere.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If we actually get in scoeing range on the first drive that'd be good. Also want to see him make plays on 3rd down. Complete a pass or 2 to a WR. Maybe run on an inside zone to show he knows when to keep it

I dunno about stat line. Its situational football that ill be looking at.
Originally posted by mayo49:

His problem has been finding them is they are not the first two reads. He is more accurate than Gabbert when the OL is doing their job, he also needs to not drill every ball.
#7STORMISCOMING

[ Edited by tezel112 on Aug 24, 2016 at 2:48 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Constantine.
Doc's advise
Colin needs a heart transplant, memory relapse and play like he did his rookie season... Then the job his His
I think Kap should start the game. If the team comes out and moves the ball and scores early, with Kap having a 60ish completion % the job will be his. Also needs to show he can rin through proper progressions
Moves the ball consistently on all his series and put points on the scoreboard.
If anything I want to see kap throw with anticipation and accuracy.
I think the behind the scenes performance is what chip is looking for rather than preseason performance. If kaep is backed by the locker room his past performance would get him the start at least temporarily

He would need to look like a real quarterback. I mean reading defenses, going through progressions consistently, not looking like a terrified ostrich dancing on a giant hotplate. Just show us some basic improvement on his generally crappy quarterbacking skills.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
14 of 13, 350 yards passing, 200 yards rushing, 1 delay of game.
If Kaep has a normal pulse.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

So Kaep needs to do the impossible? I mean the other stats will be hard enough to come by. Do you have these same type of expectations for the rest of the team?
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Aug 24, 2016 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

lol
Share 49ersWebzone