LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

What stat line would Kaepernick need to have Friday to be named QB1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What stat line would Kaepernick need to have Friday to be named QB1?

This is assuming Gabbert plays similarly to game 2.
well you sure have a wild imagination with those choices... but I picked the 7/10 1 TD option.

but I don't think you can give Kap the starting job after one preseason game (although the 3rd game is always the most serious onw)

I think he needs to also preform in the last preseason game as well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 24, 2016 at 12:08 AM ]
13/13 13 yards 13 TDs
7/10

but i dont think he needs 50 yards rushing
Blaine on IR.
Options are wild hahaha.

I, for one, am more interested in seeing if Kap has a command of the offense, looks good in the pocket and/or under pressure, and can look comfortable leading our offensive drives than what his final stats are.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Aug 24, 2016 at 12:27 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
13/13 13 yards 13 TDs

13 1-yard TD passes? That's it? Can't even move the ball down the field?

Forget it!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Kap just has to show he can move the offense when he has the ball and don't look so timid out there like some QB's so far.
If he can complete more than 2 passes to WRs, he's in.
Honestly, I think he'll have to do a lot more than what most of the posts in this topic suggest. If by 90% of reports, Blaine Gabbert is the "clear frontrunner," than Kaepernick will need to do a lot to prove himself.

I think it's still possible but not starting against the Broncos really hurt his stock and chances of starting Week 1.

No drops from Vance McDonald.
Originally posted by five1oh:
No drops from Vance McDonald.

Vance prepares by spraying Crisco on his gloves so he doesnt f**k around and accidentally capture a rifle shot.
A lot of people assume that GB is his only chance to prove it. I think this will go down to the wire (last pre) even if he plays well, I know that is when we let the scrubs play. However, you want to see some continuity and I think Kelly will do this for this one position.

If Kaep does have the game and leads 3 scoring drives along with a fast start and no errors, it will be hard to ignore.
Originally posted by WildBill:
A lot of people assume that GB is his only chance to prove it. I think this will go down to the wire (last pre) even if he plays well, I know that is when we let the scrubs play. However, you want to see some continuity and I think Kelly will do this for this one position.

If Kaep does have the game and leads 3 scoring drives along with a fast start and no errors, it will be hard to ignore.

Yes, I think this is a long haul not a sprint.
Share 49ersWebzone