There are 249 users in the forums

49ers Preseason Week 2 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love when fans rewatch these games and pay attention to strengths/weaknesses. Yes sir....spot on. On both that Tiller/Brown play, they were assigned to slant in and Wolfe (one of the best), stepped back a bit and got past them to make TFL. They both got a piece of him but not enough. So that's an excellent opportunity to teach them on better angles and engagement. Obviously, they did great outside that (Hyde's big run and the TD completely washing out that left side of the defense into non-existence). Great teaching opportunities for them both. Also, McDonald had the edge on Miller and Miller shoved him aside and aided in that TFL on Hyde. So really, good teaching opportunities all around.

Blair certainly stood out on tape as well to me...he and Smith, Chris Davis, Rush, Robinson, Reid, Ray-Ray, Tank...three on the negative side in Bethea, Hodges& Dial. Purcell was steady. Staley-Beadles still seem to get whipped at times on that right side for TFL. I think that's why Garnett is getting more play...wish they'd move AD over to LG and keep Tiller at RG.

Obviously all the QB's and RB's looked good in large part thanks to the OL's dominance (Davis, Thomas and Garnett all looked good with the 2's). McDonald in the passing game & Celek/Bell in the run blocking game. DL seems to be adequate even without AA and Buckner so that's a good sign.

I think you're spot on with the teaching of "engagement". The angle looked good but the engagement was weak. That play that Wolfe ran through Brown.. it appeared Brown just didn't put 100% in to that block. Wolfe was playing angry. When you play those dudes you have to strap on the pads and get it. I thought Brown handled Miller nicely on a few plays.

Also completely agree on Bethea. I like the experience factor but it worries he could get burned a lot this season. Hodges gets called out for not maintaining his gap. That run by Anderson was on him.

... and yes, Brandon Thomas didn't look bad at all. Staley's got to do better then that.
Originally posted by MaciasNC89:
Buzz comments have to be the funniest thing I have seen in these forums. Not trying to say anything racist but is it weird that I'm reading his comment in a Asian accent. Anyone else doing that? Anyway Marvin good posts. I'm excited for this year, I think we are going to be better than what most people thought. Not saying super bowl bound but I think we will go into our games having legit shots to win some upsets. Go Niners!

I'm reading them in an Asian accent too. Hahahaha. They are comedy but I understand what he's trying to say most of the time. I can't not read them in an Asian accent though, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Share 49ersWebzone