LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

49ers Preseason Week 2 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Did you watch the 49ers vs Houston and then next was Broncos game last Saturday night?

Did you watch it the 49ers vs Broncos? Tell me. Which is better player or any rookie or unrookie player? Let me test on you if your eyes have talent on player special or ur eyes don't have talent to watch the player special. I know your wrote is a great but you only follow me what I said about name player then u copy my talking about name player. Lol..

Let me test on u.. tell me who is good player 49ers special and any rookie or unrookie. Who is player 49ers special?

um. What?

You don't have the BuZzB05 to English translator app?
Did you watch the 49ers vs Houston and then next was Broncos game last Saturday night?

Did you watch it the 49ers vs Broncos? Tell me. Which is better player or any rookie or unrookie player? Let me test on you if your eyes have talent on player special or ur eyes don't have talent to watch the player special. I know your wrote is a great but you only follow me what I said about name player then u copy my talking about name player. Lol..

Let me test on u.. tell me who is good player 49ers special and any rookie or unrookie. Who is player 49ers special?

um. What?

lol
Originally posted by NCommand:

um. What?

You don't have the BuZzB05 to English translator app?

um. What?

lmao!
Marv, what do you think of bethea at safety???
I was really dissapointed on him getting fooled on the tight end drag across the field (the play where brooks put pressure)
The very next play I believe he gets juked by a TE screen, nobody blocked him, he came up cleanly and missed the tackle badly..
I know it's only a few plays, can't overreact right ?? Looks old and slow
Originally posted by corona55569:
I was really dissapointed on him getting fooled on the tight end drag across the field (the play where brooks put pressure)
The very next play I believe he gets juked by a TE screen, nobody blocked him, he came up cleanly and missed the tackle badly..

I'm pretty sure in this new system we are going to be playing a lot of single high, so he will likely be in the box a lot with Reid at FS. I'm not really sure about that so anyone is free to correct me.

He did look slow or half-assing it. He was showing his lack of speed even before the injury last year and Mangini's scheme exposed it even more.
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:

I'm pretty sure in this new system we are going to be playing a lot of single high, so he will likely be in the box a lot with Reid at FS. I'm not really sure about that so anyone is free to correct me.

I believe this is absolutely correct...much more ideal for him and his current state.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He did look slow or half-assing it. He was showing his lack of speed even before the injury last year and Mangini's scheme exposed it even more.

I think Mangini's scheme might be horrible for safties and linebackers. Seems like guys who were good in coverage in previous seasons at these positions were left out to dry. Might have just been the anaemic pass rush, but it sure seemed like there were soft spots all over the field. Eg the Giants game.

3) Andrew Tiller: I really had no idea what to expect from him last year when he came in. To me, he was "just a guy". This preseason though when I've looked at several but runs I've seen him right in the middle of them pushing his guy out of the hole. This guy was a free agent player who'd bounced around the league and the Niners signed him as a practice squad player. To be fair, there have been a few times I've seen him NOT hit his guy as well or flat miss the assignment, but all in all I think he's played very well next to Brown. Those two seem to be playing very well together...and that leads me to...

Do you think Garnett eventually overtakes Beadles?

5) Carlos Hyde: PLEASE stay healthy. Thats not a comment BTW of the fumblitis of the guys behind him as I think thats more an abberation than anything else and I've really liked Mike Davis this preseason (reminds me a bit of Garrison Hearst). Its because if Hyde can stay healthy that dude is a monster. He's got everything but pure blazing top end speed. He could put up HUGE numbers in this offense and become a big star in this league.

I think Mike Davis has the potential to at least be on the PS. I kind of wonder if he's suited for tough running though (i.e. more LMJ than KH). I don't know. Maybe he's a pair of Boldin biceps away from being just that.

I didn't make much of it to be honest. He's shown enough in the regular season that I don't worry about preseason.

Moving forward tho in future years I think Reid and Tartt will start.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Nice breakdown. Is rematching the game something new for 2016?

um. What?

Lol.

Tell me. Who do you like any player for rookie and unrookie or any player. Let me know..
Great breakdown, once again.

Another thing thats worth mentioning is that the WR position is still okay- at best. Teams can gameplan to stop Hyde and T. Smith, so either Vance has to ball out, or the Niners need to start getting production from other WRs.
Share 49ersWebzone