LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Should Christian ponder make the team ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Christian ponder make the team ?

I find the prospect of ponder getting a shot with us very intriguing . He's only 28 and he has been a bonified starter in the nfl . Definitely more respected throughout the league as a legit threat then gabs . I also think he is playing well , might be the only guy on the team who can throw to a wide receiver . Gabs is all safe and tight end fixated . Anyone else getting a good vibe off of ponder ?
Neither. Levi's crowd should OBVIOUSLY chant for him to play on prime time national MNF TV week 1!!!!
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
I find the prospect of ponder getting a shot with us very intriguing . He's only 28 and he has been a bonified starter in the nfl . Definitely more respected throughout the league as a legit threat then gabs . I also think he is playing well , might be the only guy on the team who can throw to a wide receiver . Gabs is all safe and tight end fixated . Anyone else getting a good vibe off of ponder ?

I have to ponder that question.
  • Stud
Yes sir. Get rid of Kap and keep Ponder.
Better than that fool, drizzle
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's better than gabbert.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I am not sure I need to ponder this awhile.
After the way he played last night with a short week of practice and learning Kelly's offense. He deserves to be on the roster for the next couple of weeks to get a fair evaluation for the QB backup position. He was more patient in the pocket and numerous of plays where he got to his 3rd and 4th read without panicking and made some nice throws. That's experience, and it looks like the game is slowing down for him. I know he was going against Denver's scrubs but it's not like our scrubs weren't playing either. Maybe his paintings taught him patience and calmness, lol.
He had a long enough audition and didn't make it. IMO he looks like a college QB that can win a few games but does not have the physical tools to take a team to the playoffs.
Originally posted by MarkD:
I am not sure I need to ponder this awhile.

Get out.

Originally posted by susweel:
He's better than gabbert.

This
Who's spot would he take? Driskel's? I don't see him taking anyone elses spot unless there is a trade.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:

1. Having one decent season in the NFL does not equal being a "bonified starter" Esp. when you can't even make a team after trying out for two last year and being cut both times.
  2. Respected lol.
  3. He played well against 3rd and 4th string players.
  4. Prob because those WR were actually open against 3rd and 4th string players.
  5. No.
Since I got chewed out on here for concluding something let me ask this: What would is it say for this team if Christian Ponder - dear lord - comes in and makes the team?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Since I got chewed out on here for concluding something let me ask this: What would is it say for this team if Christian Ponder - dear lord - comes in and makes the team?

It would mean that Kap isn't healthy enough to play and ends up on IR. Also it would mean Trent would keep 3 QBs and I don't think he ever has. So he would prob be on the PS.
Share 49ersWebzone