LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 218 users in the forums

Garrison Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
I thought this guy was excellent last night along with Ronald Blair, another good addition to what is becoming a formidable rotation. Can't wait to see Armstead get on the field as well.
He played well the first game and even better last night. I think you have to find room to keep this kid on the roster
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I too like what G Smith has been doing.

Same. I hate to say it but he might take Bruce Miller's spot.
GBabyyyyyyy
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I too like what G Smith has been doing.

Definitely a player to watch for the rest of the preseason.
He was making plays against their starters and backups on the OL. Just constant effort, was getting his arms up to try and tip passes, pressuring the QB, could have held up better on some runs but overall he had a good game and if Purcell f**ks around, Smith could replace him on the roster.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/20/denver-broncos-san-francisco-49ers-preseason-trevor-siemian-mark-sanchez/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He was making plays against their starters and backups on the OL. Just constant effort, was getting his arms up to try and tip passes, pressuring the QB, could have held up better on some runs but overall he had a good game and if Purcell f**ks around, Smith could replace him on the roster.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/20/denver-broncos-san-francisco-49ers-preseason-trevor-siemian-mark-sanchez/

I really liked Smith last year but he just got beat by Purcell. This year he's playing even better and pushing the pocket back consistently. If he keeps it up he could end up playing some NT early in the year.
TJE better not make the team over this dude
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My reading comprehension scared the s**t outta me I thought the title said Geno Smith.
Saw this guy carry a block althe way to the sideline to make a tackle as a NT was way impressed seems big and strong too, Smith > Dial ??

Originally posted by Since07:
Saw this guy carry a block althe way to the sideline to make a tackle as a NT was way impressed seems big and strong too, Smith > Dial ??

I think so. Right now he is playing better than Dial, TJE and purcell.
I'm not a big fan of purcell. IMO Smith should be higher on the depth than purcell and dial.
And like another said, he's doing it against 1s.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I'm not a big fan of purcell. IMO Smith should be higher on the depth than purcell and dial.

who the hell is Purcell?
Garrison has the size and quickness the NT position needs w/Ian Williams on the FL. He could be a diamond-in-the-rough. A front 3 of Armstead - Smith - Buckner would be formidable. I also wouldn't mind seeing Dial in the middle some.
Share 49ersWebzone