LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

WR miss fireing or QB fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good QBs make everyone around them look better. If you dont have a good QB you'd better have a Top 5 WR.

The 49ers QBs are mediocre at best. They dont have a true #1 WR, let alone a Top 5 guy.

All true. Also true, however, is it makes it exceedingly hard to rate a WR if all your QBs are throwing bricks. Likewise, wth no good QBs, you can't ask a QB to throw before the WRs break. These guys are doing well just to pitch and catch. And sure the QBs aren't doing well, but neither are more than half of the WRs. Several have caught whatever was thrown their way, others have caught a TD pass, against 3rd string D. It's a two way street, made all the harder by no real talent in either camp. All QBs to date, however, have played good game managers, and have played well enough for our D to give us wins.

I had not expected anything else BUT a game manager from out QBs (keeping in mind we haven't seen Kap yet), but I include him too. I just hoped we had a game mgr who could make us respectable this yr. And to date, I think we have 3 of them. Kap is next, but that's what I had hoped from him too. We get our QB in draft next yr but it is going to cost us (probably) our first 3 picks in 2017 and 2018 plus some others b.s perhaps in 2018.

Therefore, we better plan on getting our OLB and ILB in FA, because we are going to burn first 3 picks on franchise QB. And first 3 picks in 2018 also. So any OLB passrusher, and ILB standout, is what we better get out of FA....and we are well positioned to do it now. As for QBs, they have played to level about which I had hoped, and with our running game , that should be enough to get 6 Ws or more...and we need to be good enough, play well enough , to get a talented OLB, or two, plus an ILB, to be interested enough to play for us.

Not until we have an established QB are we going to find out who is a very good WR or not...and even then, we may need to get our franchise QB before we can get good WRs. I had hoped we could get rid of the dead wood at WR in PS, but now, not so sure. Maybe Kap plays well...that would be great and then we could see who are the WRs we keep, and who we cut.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 21, 2016 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good QBs make everyone around them look better. If you dont have a good QB you'd better have a Top 5 WR.

The 49ers QBs are mediocre at best. They dont have a true #1 WR, let alone a Top 5 guy.

All true. Also true, however, is it makes it exceedingly hard to rate a WR if all your QBs are throwing bricks. Likewise, wth no good QBs, you can't ask a QB to throw before the WRs break. These guys are doing well just to pitch and catch. And sure the QBs aren't doing well, but neither are more than half of the WRs. Several have caught whatever was thrown their way, others have caught a TD pass, against 3rd string D. It's a two way street, made all the harder by no real talent in either camp. All QBs to date, however, have played good game managers, and have played well enough for our D to give us wins.

I had not expected anything else BUT a game manager from out QBs (keeping in mind we haven't seen Kap yet), but I include him too. I just hoped we had a game mgr who could make us respectable this yr. And to date, I think we have 3 of them. Kap is next, but that's what I had hoped from him too. We get our QB in draft next yr but it is going to cost us (probably) our first 3 picks in 2017 and 2018 plus some others b.s perhaps in 2018.

Therefore, we better plan on getting our OLB and ILB in FA, because we are going to burn first 3 picks on franchise QB. And first 3 picks in 2018 also. So any OLB passrusher, and ILB standout, is what we better get out of FA....and we are well positioned to do it now. As for QBs, they have played to level about which I had hoped, and with our running game , that should be enough to get 6 Ws or more...and we need to be good enough, play well enough , to get a talented OLB, or two, plus an ILB, to be interested enough to play for us.

Not until we have an established QB are we going to find out who is a very good WR or not...and even then, we may need to get our franchise QB before we can get good WRs. I had hoped we could get rid of the dead wood at WR in PS, but now, not so sure. Maybe Kap plays well...that would be great and then we could see who are the WRs we keep, and who we cut.

This was running through my mind today. How do we get a QB, WR, abd OLB, And ILB in one year? QB obviously is burn a ton of picks. We need to strike some gold in FA on the others. And while we are at it, a really good backup for Hyde too.
Ponder had no problem finding a wideout downfield. And he's only been here a couple days ... lol. Gabbert is either unable or unwilling to throw downfield. The next time he throws a 5 yd out to to a covered receiver on a 3rd and 9, I will throw something at the TV.
That's what happen when you don't have a starting QB , Wr been to learn the habits of the QB
Both are
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me ... but GROUP B (WRs) should start next week and see how well they perform against opposing team's 1st string defense..

Baby Flipper scored on a deep pattern

eMac II made a fantastic catch eventho he was covered

Crimson White looked like he secured the 3rd spot (slot) over Bruce Ailington..
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Ponder had no problem finding a wideout downfield. And he's only been here a couple days ... lol. Gabbert is either unable or unwilling to throw downfield. The next time he throws a 5 yd out to to a covered receiver on a 3rd and 9, I will throw something at the TV.

Sadly he has done his knee.

Not sure if he get an IR spot either?
Share 49ersWebzone