LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

WR miss fireing or QB fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Seems the WR stocks have not improved since last season.

Though we do have some talent, just seems to miss fire.

Is that on the QB or the WR?
little of both... mainly there is no chemistry but both sides dont have a player that sets them apart. But really any good QB knows how to utilize each WR strength and use them during aa game. Its been years
Good QBs make everyone around them look better. If you dont have a good QB you'd better have a Top 5 WR.

The 49ers QBs are mediocre at best. They dont have a true #1 WR, let alone a Top 5 guy.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2016 at 3:52 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
A little of both.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The WRs are extremely mediocre and I include Smith in that (ok, he's not mediocre he just isnt a #1). Since we dont have an elite QB our WRs are gonna look as pedestrian as they are. Outside of Boldin and Crabtree we havent gotten production from our WRs in over a decade. Having Kelly will help but when you got a #2 plus a bunch of 4s and 5s you can only do so much.
Originally posted by Antix:
The WRs are extremely mediocre and I include Smith in that (ok, he's not mediocre he just isnt a #1). Since we dont have an elite QB our WRs are gonna look as pedestrian as they are. Outside of Boldin and Crabtree we havent gotten production from our WRs in over a decade. Having Kelly will help but when you got a #2 plus a bunch of 4s and 5s you can only do so much.

They havent had good consistent QB play in over a decade either. While both are important, QB is far moreso in the equation. We've seen teams win SBs with pedestrian WRs in recent years. But if you have a pedestrian QB your defense had better be historically good.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Personally it's on the QB for me.

WR know,the route they run them every week but QB needs to hit the player each time. That is not happening
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Personally it's on the QB for me.

WR know,the route they run them every week but QB needs to hit the player each time. That is not happening

WRs still need to get open. Individually none of them have done a great job of it but collectively guys have been getting open.

What I saw from Gabbert last night was a QB exhibiting tunnel vision, staring down his primary target to the exclusion of others.

Good to great QBs see and attack the entire field. They find the open guy and help their receivers look good. They keep the defense on their heels. They take what the defense gives them.

Mediocre to terrible QBs stare down one or two targets and seemingly wish them to get open before bailing. They force plays that arent there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good QBs make everyone around them look better. If you dont have a good QB you'd better have a Top 5 WR.

The 49ers QBs are mediocre at best. They dont have a true #1 WR, let alone a Top 5 guy.

I concur sir.
This could be the draft that seals Baalke's fate as GM. Passing on guys like Michael Thomas at WR and Dak Prescott at QB looks bad already. Could have had them both in this draft.

• Dino
  • Veteran
Probably have the worst WR group in the league. Along with having average quarterbacks. Not a good combo.
Our wr's and qb's are below average. It's simply a talent issue as of right now.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This could be the draft that seals Baalke's fate as GM. Passing on guys like Michael Thomas at WR and Dak Prescott at QB looks bad already. Could have had them both in this draft.

I wasn't too high in either guy but both have beem impressive. Prescott has that it factor and played well vs starters

Rather see that OL get beefed up this yr...that's the building block of chips offense.

Wanted dak but what ya gonna do. I still think they should make a move to get Justin Hunter on the cheap then focus on QB WR hard next off season.

I understood the need to build the lines. QB was my first choice but their approach makes sense. However QB must be addressed in a big way next offseason. This rent-a-scrub approach hasnt been very fruitful.
Share 49ersWebzone