LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

What if the Bengals drafted Kap and the Niners picked Andy Dalton...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What if I won the lottery?
We never make the Super Bowl in 2012 or thereafter, but have long-term stability at QB.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Dalton is who they really wanted. stupid fkn bengals.
What if it was the easter claus and Santa bunny instead
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Nah, not true. Peter King wrote an article about the week before the 2012 Super Bowl. He was in the room with Baalke and Harbaugh and they were targeting Kap the whole time.
And, what if there were peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
What if grandma had balls
LOL, I actually was screaming at tv to draft Dalton...But Im glad we got Kaep !
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by thl408:
Dalton was born to be a 49er. His head is red and his skin is golden. Thanks, Baalkbaugh.

this always cracks me up

the trade with Denver to move up was being made before Cincy picked. These trades don't happen withing 5 seconds.

IMO they were trading up to draft Dalton and Cincy took him. So they took the next guy that was worth the trade value.
Story already hashed, unless Harbaugh is a liar? He was asked are you sure you Kaep is the guy you want and he said yes, so Baalke made the trade. The niners had the Bengals pegged for Dalton, they jumped because, I think it was the Raiders or Jets, they wanted to get get ahead of them. I know the Jets Ryan had said he was interested in taking Kaep at the time.
Might be a good thing, bad thing if Dalton got selected, our SB record would still be unblemished cause we would lose in the first round of the payoffs. However, JH wanted an athletic QB with potential, Dalton was more polished and ready, but not athletic, his ceiling was low.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What if I won the lottery?

same thing if I asked you for a million...never going to happen for either of us-haha
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Nah, not true. Peter King wrote an article about the week before the 2012 Super Bowl. He was in the room with Baalke and Harbaugh and they were targeting Kap the whole time.

You have a link to this? If not I call BS on this one. I find it highly doubtful that anyone would have the media in the draft room with them while they're drafting live.
Share 49ersWebzone