LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Arrow up, down & flat

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another thing on Armstrong, he was a 5-star safety recruit at Miami. Got in some trouble and never lived up to the hype. Now that he's been a LB for a few years, he might be ready to flourish.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
NCommand. I didnt want to copy the whole post, but Garnett should be up. He had a perfect score last night. He was very good

You know, I was vacillating over him as well...think I have high expectations so I just saw him doing what he should but for his first pre season game, you're right. I'll change that one. Nice solid and consistent start.
That's my boy Ray Ray getting it done. But then again we all thought Nick Moody was gonna win the competition last year...
A few observations:

- Appears to be a well-coached team. Just doing the little things... minimal penalties, no block in the back on Davis's long run (D. White I think?), no delay of game's, good tempo on both sides. For the most part, a well conditioned team.
- Trent Brown had some nice blocks but did appear to be a bit gassed on a few of those drives... seemed to be moving slow.
- Kilgore looked really nice at center and I thought Garnett/Tiller showed some nice pop at the guard positions.
- Wilhoite looked awful. Plain & simple
- Ray Ray Armstrong/Bellore stood out. I think one of those guy's wins that spot next to Bowman.
- DeForest Buckner didn't flash all that much. Limited sample with 19 snaps.
- Chris Davis looked strong. So did Brock. Blanket coverage from secondary.
- Backs looked tremendous, especially Davis. His body has completely been transformed. Quick & fast.
- Acker is horrible, still.
- Colin Kelly struggled.
- Driskel looked nervous, antsy and overthrew alot of balls.
- Fumble at the goal line was unacceptable in every sense of the word. Could cost Harris a job.

I still think startling o-line on opening day will be Staley - Beadles - Kilgore - Tiller - Davis (and eventually Garnett will supplant Beadles). Beadles & Trent Brown will make nice backups.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
That's my boy Ray Ray getting it done. But then again we all thought Nick Moody was gonna win the competition last year...

This is true lol. Moody was hyped up, but then in the games he stunk. Hopefully one of these guys can step up and be a quality compliment to Bowman.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This is true lol. Moody was hyped up, but then in the games he stunk. Hopefully one of these guys can step up and be a quality compliment to Bowman.

We can see a guy make a nice play but have no idea if he blew his assignment cause we don't know the defense that was called. From what I saw was this new CBA is making tackling a complete joke. That goes for the entire NFL.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Aug 15, 2016 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
NCommand. I didnt want to copy the whole post, but Garnett should be up. He had a perfect score last night. He was very good

Agreed. I love what Garnett showed last night. I haven't got a chance to rewatch anything but on first glance, the strength and agility was on full display. Wasn't highly impressed with Beadles, and I think Beadles needs to be looking nervously over his shoulder.

I was impressed with Chris Davis as well but to me, nobody might have played their way into roster contention better than Bellore. A week ago, he wasn't even being talked about, not even for a special teams job and last night I saw great play recognition and instincts and he looked great blitzing up the middle. Another week of play like that and I think Bellore should be in talks for a starter spot. I'm going to contain those emotions as it was only one preseason game and I want to see if that play can continue past just that one game. However I will say at the least, he put the three depth chart favorites ahead of him on notice last night.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
A few observations:

- Appears to be a well-coached team. Just doing the little things... minimal penalties, no block in the back on Davis's long run (D. White I think?), no delay of game's, good tempo on both sides. For the most part, a well conditioned team.
- Trent Brown had some nice blocks but did appear to be a bit gassed on a few of those drives... seemed to be moving slow.
- Kilgore looked really nice at center and I thought Garnett/Tiller showed some nice pop at the guard positions.
- Wilhoite looked awful. Plain & simple
- Ray Ray Armstrong/Bellore stood out. I think one of those guy's wins that spot next to Bowman.
- DeForest Buckner didn't flash all that much. Limited sample with 19 snaps.
- Chris Davis looked strong. So did Brock. Blanket coverage from secondary.
- Backs looked tremendous, especially Davis. His body has completely been transformed. Quick & fast.
- Acker is horrible, still.
- Colin Kelly struggled.
- Driskel looked nervous, antsy and overthrew alot of balls.
- Fumble at the goal line was unacceptable in every sense of the word. Could cost Harris a job.

I still think startling o-line on opening day will be Staley - Beadles - Kilgore - Tiller - Davis (and eventually Garnett will supplant Beadles). Beadles & Trent Brown will make nice backups.

Nice points. Yeah, very disciplined team and prepared; not something you'd expect from such a young bunch learning two new systems. Well done. Even showed some aggressiveness with a 4th down call on our own end and in pressing to get a late first half FG.
Tank should most definitely be on the arrow up section. He was creating pressure all game long and even beat a double team to get a hit on the QB. His only mistake was the first play where he didn't set the edge, after that he was awesome.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Tank should most definitely be on the arrow up section. He was creating pressure all game long and even beat a double team to get a hit on the QB. His only mistake was the first play where he didn't set the edge, after that he was awesome.

Yeah Harold didn't show any improvement at all. Tank had a pretty solid game I thought

Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Yeah Harold didn't show any improvement at all. Tank had a pretty solid game I thought

Good points. I'll edit...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Arrow up on Kap by default. lol
Originally posted by pd24:
Arrow up on Kap by default. lol

Kelly certainly didn't seem please with Gabbert. Most thought the competition was over after the practices vs Houston but in the actual game, Gabbert left it open with his erratic play. Funny thing is that is one of Kap's biggest complaints but Gabbert missed on easy throws and had a sub-par performance.

Definitely, if anything Tank probably made a move to over take Harold. Tank is just on another level when it comes to rushing the passer.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Throw Lemon in the arrow up. Had a real nice play.
Share 49ersWebzone