Pears
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Kaep

b*****d. Thought I'd be the first.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I said not sure because Dorsey is injury prone and purcell shows promise but is still not proven. Blair is a rookie. Will take time to get him up to speed.

Also as others pointed out, Mcdonald stays because the TE position is weak and we need the depth.

And patton fasho get em out.

I actually agree with this completely. Dorsey hasn't taken one snap in the offseason and that's a problem. Extremely risky at NT/DT with this team right now. I know Armstead's injury "isn't serious" but still, we are SUPER thin on the DL right now.

Are we?

Armstead
Buckner
Dial
Purcell
TJE
Blair
Dorsey
Williams (IR)

Armstead is solid but dinged
Buckner is a rookie
Dorsey is injured and hasn't taken a snap this entire off season
Williams is out for the year.

Sorry but Purcell, TJE, Blair, Dial are all rotation bench players who can come in and sub for starters. Those guys are not starters IMHO. Purcell playing last year was easily pushed around 1 on 1 and if he were double-teamed, he often got turned around. I've not seen anything other than bench talent from Dial and TJE.

49er run defense last season with those players:

31st in the league.

Dial is aight. Blair hasn't even started yet. If Buckner and Armstead are healthy, they'll be ok this year.

Spoiler alert... we ain't winning the Super Bowl this season.
Threads like this is why 49er fans get such a bad name.

How about you let preseason play out before making these ridiculous threads? Why are we cutting players just to cut them before they even show what they can do in a new scheme?

McDonald has been having his best camp but yeah let's cut him because he dropped a ball a couple of times last two years. I'm sure you were ready to cut Jerry Rice and Vernon David after their rookie years too right.
Even if Vernon David
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Even if Vernon David

Vernon David was great dood!
By "cut" I assume you mean circumcised. In which case the obvious answer is Daniel Kilgore. Gotta make sure we keep it clean up in there. Don't need Gabbert or Kaepernick to get dirty hands.
McDonald showed signs of life last season and he is a big target. Why is Lemon still on the team he should've been cut two years ago. He has one move, an outside pass rush which the OT pushes him to the outside yards away from the play, every time.
I agree with Lemonier. I know it's early, but I think he's hit the top of his potential.

I'm going to throw out Bellore. I'd rather keep the spot for a guy that has potential, than a ST ace. He hardly places on defense and I'd rather keep a guy like Driskel or Miller.
Originally posted by genus49:
Threads like this is why 49er fans get such a bad name.

How about you let preseason play out before making these ridiculous threads? Why are we cutting players just to cut them before they even show what they can do in a new scheme?

McDonald has been having his best camp but yeah let's cut him because he dropped a ball a couple of times last two years. I'm sure you were ready to cut Jerry Rice and Vernon David after their rookie years too right.

This

There's only a couple guys that need to be cut because there is no more potential to their mediocre games and they are just wasting roster spots for guys that still have potential. I'm looking at TJE, Pears, and Wlhoite.
Originally posted by Pinion:
There's only a couple guys that need to be cut because there is no more potential to their mediocre games and they are just wasting roster spots for guys that still have potential. I'm looking at TJE, Pears, and Wlhoite.

Agreed.
We will end up cutting two or three young DBs who will make another teams roster but end up with 2 or 3 OLBs who shouldn't be on a NFL roster.

yay baalke for heavily drafting db's and neglecting everything else.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Aug 14, 2016 at 10:52 AM ]
Pears. I'm not ready to give up on Marcus Martin or Brandon Thomas unless Theus and Cooper look great in preseason.
One of the kids is going to have to flash, or they have no back up left tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone