LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 191 users in the forums

Which QB is going to start the preseason opener on Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB is going to start the preseason opener on Sunday?

Originally posted by TexasDuck:
I think it's Gabbert. Chip will claim alphabetical order

Driskel doe.
I think it's CK
I expected the co-starter idea for the pre-season. That way, they alternate sets and Kelly gets to see both of them against the 1's.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i really do not care in the first pre season game of the year
Originally posted by cciowa:
i really do not care in the first pre season game of the year

its importsnt for depth and id like to see our rookies

qb obviously will be main focous
They both should get equal. amount of drives with the starting O-line to make it a fair comp
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
gabbert will start, guaranteed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
They both should get equal. amount of drives with the starting O-line to make it a fair comp

smart post. everything has been fair and square so far in competition( no insult intended to the small segment who thinks it has been sinister. not fair and based upon " politics".),,, so i would imagine playing time in the first pre season game will be very much the same
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gabbert will start, guaranteed.

which really means little come regular season time in my opinion

smart post. everything has been fair and square so far in competition( no insult intended to the small segment who thinks it has been sinister. not fair and based upon " politics".),,, so i would imagine playing time in the first pre season game will be very much the same

What could be more fair than both of them trading sets to start the exhibition season. Looks like the right way to go to me.

Originally posted by crake49:

What could be more fair than both of them trading sets to start the exhibition season. Looks like the right way to go to me.

id rather give one qb first team reps 1 game and 2nd team reps next game go on for them
Don't matter, Kaep is gonna win the job anyway.
Originally posted by harryj:
id rather give one qb first team reps 1 game and 2nd team reps next game go on for them

Yeah, I think that works too, but this way you see the QB's against the same guys on defense. I think Kelly wants to see both of them performing with the fewest variables. He seems to take a scientific approach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Blaine Gabbert will probably start the first pre season game and play really well. Then kap will come in and play really well, I have 100% faith that both guys can get the job done. We are really in a good situation at qb with two legitimate starters. The arrow is definitely pointing up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want Kap to win because his skills are off the charts. But, we need to find the Qb that best runs Chips offense and that could be Gabbert. Both Qb's are going to be exposed, so it's the one with the least mistakes is the one that takes the job.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 10, 2016 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone