There are 268 users in the forums

Has Our O-Line Quetly Gone From Weak Link...to....Position of Strength??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Staley good but is aging and old players fall off fast, so you just don't know.

Beadles was a bust in Jacksonville

Kilgore average stater should be better than Martin

Garnett good college player but it might take time to get up to nfl power and speed.

AD just don't know his commitment level

Conclusion. It sounds better but we just don't know yet.

beadles was a good player, he can not be worse than boones garbage play plus he is a better locker room guy.. in find it interesting you bring up the age thing but you were more than ok with the niners over paying and over committing to a older frank gore. staley is solid and there are countless examples of offensive lineman playing quality well onto the other side of 35. when he plays kilgore is above average... also our line coach is superior to what we have had in the past
Originally posted by 9moon:
STALEY - the guy been suckin the last 2 years, I have no idea why fans are playing blind w/his plays or following that PFF (BS) stats..

GARNETT - lets hope that his hold out had a purpose, because the last OG we drafted hight (if not mistaken) was All WORLD JEFF BREGEL (USC) and he sucked

KILGORE - yeap yeah, u are reading it right.. our center got GORE-KILLED... he just isn't a starter.. Martin must improve in a hurry..

BEADLES - i consider myself a fair person when it comes to judgment and I will give PRETTY BOY his chances ..

AD/BROWN - just like Beadles, lets all watch and learn if both are LEGIT..
Last OG drafted in first round was Iupati. He wasn't too bad.

WHAT HOLDOUT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Sorry caps lock got stuck. Garnett didn't hold-out. He missed OTAs cuz of NFL rules. So don't follow whatever you're trying to say about Garnett.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
STALEY - the guy been suckin the last 2 years, I have no idea why fans are playing blind w/his plays or following that PFF (BS) stats..

GARNETT - lets hope that his hold out had a purpose, because the last OG we drafted hight (if not mistaken) was All WORLD JEFF BREGEL (USC) and he sucked

KILGORE - yeap yeah, u are reading it right.. our center got GORE-KILLED... he just isn't a starter.. Martin must improve in a hurry..

BEADLES - i consider myself a fair person when it comes to judgment and I will give PRETTY BOY his chances ..

some people are really in foul mood on our team as they dog staley
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Last OG drafted in first round was Iupati. He wasn't too bad.

WHAT HOLDOUT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Sorry caps lock got stuck. Garnett didn't hold-out. He missed OTAs cuz of NFL rules. So don't follow whatever you're trying to say about Garnett.
his whole post does not make any sense in my opinion. comes from the susboner school of thought
They look to be a huge improvement from the woeful group that was trotted out there at the start of last season.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Garnett good college player but it might take time to get up to nfl power and speed.

beadles was a good player, he can not be worse than boones garbage play plus he is a better locker room guy.. in find it interesting you bring up the age thing but you were more than ok with the niners over paying and over committing to a older frank gore. staley is solid and there are countless examples of offensive lineman playing quality well onto the other side of 35. when he plays kilgore is above average... also our line coach is superior to what we have had in the past

By the way beadles only struggled when he left the zone blocking scheme in denver to go to a power blocking scheme. On paper our oline is light years better than last year's disaster
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They look to be a huge improvement from the woeful group that was trotted out there at the start of last season.

Better O-line coaching + Kilgore healthy + AD back + Garnett draft pick + Beadles signing for ZBS type play = night and day for the O-line.
  • thl408
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

By the way beadles only struggled when he left the zone blocking scheme in denver to go to a power blocking scheme. On paper our oline is light years better than last year's disaster

Beadles was in an outside zone scheme in DEN. I don't know what he did in JAC. Here, Chip runs predominantly inside zone which requires a bit more strength than a pure outside zone scheme. If Beadles is a quick guy that can't drive block, that won't translate well to what Chip likes to do. Beadles would have been a very good fit last season when the 49ers ran a lot of outside zone.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by thl408:

Beadles was in an outside zone scheme in DEN. I don't know what he did in JAC. Here, Chip runs predominantly inside zone which requires a bit more strength than a pure outside zone scheme. If Beadles is a quick guy that can't drive block, that won't translate well to what Chip likes to do. Beadles would have been a very good fit last season when the 49ers ran a lot of outside zone.

I have my doubts about Beadles only struggling because of blocking scheme changes. I watched an ample amount film on him from his jacksonville days. He struggled a lot on pass protection allowing 41 pressures that ranked him 5th most for guards. However I am optimist and hope our coaches can him right but its not likely.
Originally posted by thl408:

I have my doubts about Beadles only struggling because of blocking scheme changes. I watched an ample amount film on him from his jacksonville days. He struggled a lot on pass protection allowing 41 pressures that ranked him 5th most for guards. However I am optimist and hope our coaches can him right but its not likely.

If he struggled, insert Tiller.

Very fair sus.

Who are you and what have you done with our sus?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
IB4 Heston

LMAO!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

Who are you and what have you done with our sus?

I take my football season very seriously.

lol, susweel is low key trying to bring the band back together by making us positive&realistic enforcers. Kinda like that girl who purposely gets her boyfriend jealous so he loves her that much more. Im not into those chicks doe.
Share 49ersWebzone