LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Time to Hitch your wagon. Kaepernick, Gabbert, Playoffs, etc VOTE AND POST.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Time to Hitch your wagon. Kaepernick, Gabbert, Playoffs, etc VOTE AND POST.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
This team is s**t right now. What's wrong with admitting that and not expecting much? Both QBs will play and we'll be no where near the playoffs. Probably end up 4th in the nfcw. Top 10 pick again in next draft.

I didn't pick them to be in the playoffs. I picked them to exceed expectations and wind up at 7-9. But I admitted that if the stars aligned, I could see a couple scenarios that sneak us in the playoffs, while also noting it was a long-shot. Not sure why we can't entertain the idea that this team could be a lot better than is given credit for. There's a lot of unknowns and lot of potential.
Gabbart only 8-8 promise shown.
Both play and we don't make the playoffs.

We'll be a better team than last year. A much better team in fact, but it won't translate to many more wins. Last year we actually over-achieved, we had no business winning 5 games.

This year I think we win 6 or 7 games, hope to finish 3rd in the West. SEA and ARI are still clearly the class of the division. We don't have enough high impact players yet to compete for the division or a wild card spot imo.
This...schedule too tough this year. Best hope is that one of them reestablished himself as a good player and leader, and we go for the playoffs next year. Would love to be surprised, though.
Where's the Thad Lewis option?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Both play and we don't make the playoffs.

We'll be a better team than last year. A much better team in fact, but it won't translate to many more wins. Last year we actually over-achieved, we had no business winning 5 games.

This year I think we win 6 or 7 games, hope to finish 3rd in the West. SEA and ARI are still clearly the class of the division. We don't have enough high impact players yet to compete for the division or a wild card spot imo.

Fair assessment. The bolded may be the best thing I've ever seen written on the Zone. A better team doesn't necessarily translate into a better record. I want to see this team improve and really work with the younger guys. There is a ton of potential on the roster, it is a matter of realizing it.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

This guy gets it
When the season gets underway fans will see that coach Kelly is ahead of the curve. He's thinks outside the box and in the immortal words of Bill Walsh he's going to beat the opponent to the punch.
Kap wins starting role, no playoff berth, Jed loses mind ( and hair )Trent fired ,coin operated snack & soda machines appear in locker room.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jul 30, 2016 at 7:44 PM ]
<HOMER ALERT, HOMER ALERT>
Because I'm a Kap backer and 49er homer, I see Kap starting and a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

Pressure is on Kap to once again prove himself but team expectations are way down so that takes a lot of pressure off his shoulders to personally carry the team. He needs to become a team guy, smile, joke,(really) talk to the media and back his players on and off the field. Stay within the confines of the system and if he needs to take a hit, take it and get back up, rally his players and go back out and make the next play count.

He doesn't need to play like he's the guy, just a guy that can play

If defense can play all 16 games like they did at home last year then offense won't have to win any shootouts and that improves our chances.

Desperately need a dynamic punt/kick returner to step up and a good punt/kick coverage squad to emerge and Pinion to have a big year. This would help even out the playing field

Like I said, I'm looking through scarlet and gold colored glasses but I think most teams are gonna look at this 49er team and see an automatic win and the 49ers make them pay for taking them lightly.

Still don't believe in Arizona... mainly because of Palmer (he proved me wrong last year) but he is older...and you never know if injuries or if old turnover machine Palmer comes out.

Add that to the Rams playing at new stadium... not really going to be having homefield advantage like they used to (most visiting teams might have the same or more fans showing up) added to having a rookie QB starting. I like the rooks confidence, but he's still a rookie and most likely will have bumps.

so there is still a chance we fight for second..

jus sayin...lol.

I mean for the past few years we have f**ked ourselves by being stubborn..be it offensive approach (Geep), personel decisions (Devey, Pears) or just being out coached. I doubt Kelly gets out coached like Tom Foolya had been.
Gabbert plays, we go 13-3 but miss the playoffs
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Playoffs?

Ok
Gabbert starts and after we are 3-6 we may put in kap, win a few and finish 6-10 or 7-9 and miss the playoffs by a game or 2. Not this year but next year our defense will easily be top 10 and offense top 15-20 and then we will fight for a playoff spot with a 9-7 record with gabbert starting and kap gone to either the jets Browns or Denver or even minn.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by frozen49er:

This guy gets it

From who?
Share 49ersWebzone