There are 226 users in the forums

if Gabbert starts, what to do with Kap?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

if Gabbert starts, what to do with Kap?

• Chico
  • Veteran
***hope, this isn't duplicating someone else's post***

Just curious what we do with Kap if Gabbert starts? We got some action during FA but only Denver/Cleveland seemed to offer something which didn't work out. I can't see us getting much value for him now or next year and it's ridiculous to pay him $11-$12 million/year for being a backup. It looks like we're keeping him one more year in case Gabbert starts to screw up, then we can plug Kap back in.

What do you all think?
Cut (at the end of the year)

no one will trade for him, with that salary
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 21, 2016 at 10:07 AM ]
He'll be the backup

I hope people don't see this as a rehabilitation year for him. I want him to play. If he can't be starter quality he will be the backup.
Put him in when Gabbert starts s**tting the bed.
Unless someone is willing to offer a decent trade, why should they do anything this year. He's already paid. He'll be the backup if he doesn't win the job.
He's definitely here for this season. I highly doubt either guy starts 16 games. Both will get an opportunity. If Kap hasnt cemented himself as the starter by years end, we cut/trade him in off-season.
If Gabbert starts and plays the entire season, Kaep will be let go in the off season before his money is gauranteed.
I want to kap starting job. If kap will have least for 8 games by 6 losses games. Then we must cut him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
use him as a hand warmer?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Put him in when Gabbert starts s**tting the bed.

this

http://ninernoise.com/2016/04/01/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-makes-move-to-wide-receiver/
Originally posted by 16to87:
http://ninernoise.com/2016/04/01/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-makes-move-to-wide-receiver/

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Oakland wanted him, I say we send Kaep to the Raiders for a 4th rounder to improve to 2nd if he ever takes command and takes Raiders to the playoffs.
Well they aren't cutting him after his cash was guaranteed so that's out, No one is trading him for that contract and him not being 100% yet (they already tried to trade him) so that's out, and all they have behind Blaine is a 7th rd rookie and a camp body lol, ALSO kap might and probably is the best QB on this team.
  • Jiks
Same thing you'd do with Gabbert if Kaep starts. Keep em ready on the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone