LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Dish customers lose KTXL Fox 40 and 12 49er games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Andra:
I don't have cable, I just use a rabbit ear antenna. it works fine, but I don't live in the foothills.

Do you live near a major city? I may just get rabbit ear antenna and save some money

I live in Sacramento
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If any of you guys do switch to DirecTV let me know I can refer you guys, and you get $10 off a month for 10 months.

But on a serious note, that sucks, I had Dish for about a year, and they drop channels all the time, DirecTV hardly ever drops a channel. I'd recommend DirecTV. Even if I lived in Bay Area I would still have them, I live in NY where there are no 49ers games on TV, so DirecTV is a must.

I'm a baller on a budget so direct TV is out of the question for me

how about Sony VUE? $30-$40 a month. you don't need a PlayStation for it. Fire TV Stick ($35), Android Box, Roku or PlayStation 3 or 4.... or Chromecast Stick ($35)

you need internet though.

but you can get local channels in HD and almost every other channel for a price way better than Cable or Directv.

no NFL Network though... but you can purchase NFL Ticket separately when the season starts.

just quoting myself because VUE just got NFL Network and Redzone channel.

Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

This is interesting… Just announced: @nflnetwork and NFL RedZone will be on PlayStation™Vue, its Internet-based live TV service

This is Huge.

This is Huge.

That's pretty damn cool that it got both, makes Vue look appealing to cord cutters.
If any of you guys do switch to DirecTV let me know I can refer you guys, and you get $10 off a month for 10 months.

But on a serious note, that sucks, I had Dish for about a year, and they drop channels all the time, DirecTV hardly ever drops a channel. I'd recommend DirecTV. Even if I lived in Bay Area I would still have them, I live in NY where there are no 49ers games on TV, so DirecTV is a must.

how about Sony VUE? $30-$40 a month. you don't need a PlayStation for it. Fire TV Stick ($35), Android Box, Roku or PlayStation 3 or 4.... or Chromecast Stick ($35)

you need internet though.

but you can get local channels in HD and almost every other channel for a price way better than Cable or Directv.

no NFL Network though... but you can purchase NFL Ticket separately when the season starts.

Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

This is interesting… Just announced: @nflnetwork and NFL RedZone will be on PlayStation™Vue, its Internet-based live TV service

This is Huge.

That's tight

That was funny. and i loled. Thankyou

This is Huge.

That's pretty damn cool that it got both, makes Vue look appealing to cord cutters.

actually it starts before the football season.. so it ain't there at this exact instant.

I really don't know what is left for a sports fan, as far as missing channels... maybe MLB Network (which also might be added soon) or NBA TV.

but these are some damn great deals... years back, I never thought it would be able to get to this... being able to access ESPN/FOX Sports and NFL NETWORK without an expensive subscription to cable/satellite.

This is Huge.

actually it starts before the football season.. so it ain't there at this exact instant.

I really don't know what is left for a sports fan, as far as missing channels... maybe MLB Network (which also might be added soon) or NBA TV.

but these are some damn great deals... years back, I never thought it would be able to get to this... being able to access ESPN/FOX Sports and NFL NETWORK without an expensive subscription to cable/satellite.
do you have this ?

is it all live (not talking about live Sport) but all other channels ?
The only hiccup is if you live outside of the major markets, the games won't be live.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm just pissed Dish got rid of NFL Network I'm probably going to switch to comcast before the season starts

ouch Comcast is awful.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm just pissed Dish got rid of NFL Network I'm probably going to switch to comcast before the season starts

ouch Comcast is awful.

This. Comcast BLOWS.

This. Comcast BLOWS.

They constantly overcharge their customers.
Only major issue with DirecTV is availability.

I've only had it living in Charleston, SC where my apartment complex had dishes everywhere. Up in Reston, VA outside of DC, it was sorta allowed but my apt didn't have a SouthEast facing orientation. Forget the majority of NYC apts, and my old apt where I lived when I moved back.

I have the money all day, plus DirecTV owes me a free dish since I had to pay for a replacement. Yet I wonder how long it will be until I can get to be full NFL Sunday TIcket again. I miss it so much......I've been out of town Niner fan since 1986.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This is Huge.

do you have this ?

is it all live (not talking about live Sport) but all other channels ?

Not yet.. I've cutted cable tv YEEEEARS ago.. but this is the closest I've been thinking of getting it back.

I'm just not home enough/watch enough TV shows to justify cable/satellite or even this cheaper service. (this NFL Network deal might finally pull me in though)

I've tried the trial version, it was great... u get 7 days free to try, but cancel if you don't want to get charged. It's not a long term contract, it is month to month. Most people who have it on forums have great things to say about it....they feel they are saving so much money compared to before (for the channels they are getting)

as far as Live TV shows (being here on the West Coast) on default it won't be Live. Some have said you can change your location to combat this, but I haven't tried that. But I definitely understand about wanting East Coast feeds....especially if on social mefia and you don't want someone spoiling a show for you.

back in the days on Comcast, they allowed you to use the On Demand feature to stream live shows and events that were on Eastern Time. I don't think Comcast allows that anymore... not sure.

I'll do some more digging when I get a chance.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
I'm about to switch from Comcast to direct tv in august..I'm super excited for SUNDAY TICKET
you guys on the Dish, You chose Dish because of the Harppah

Share 49ersWebzone