LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Dish customers lose KTXL Fox 40 and 12 49er games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MuggD:
You can get KTXL over the air with one of those cheap antennas. HD and all that s**t. I have one in case of an emergency and it works great.

Good to know, thanks
You can get KTXL over the air with one of those cheap antennas. HD and all that s**t. I have one in case of an emergency and it works great.

Bunny ear attenas?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Bunny ear attenas?

Like one of these. I think Fox 40 is in south sac. You'll get a perfect signal.

I'd probably get the Metro option though. It's cheaper and should work just as well.
[ Edited by MuggD on Jul 18, 2016 at 9:01 PM ]
Lmao... I have direct tv and I recommend the firestick w kodi. I can watch anything there. sports, tv shows and movies ;))
[ Edited by danarez49 on Jul 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What good is it to stay with them?

Right now I get good service in a forested area where satellites are tricky, but that's the only possible issue with DirecTV. I'm sure channel packages are about the same.

Don't be a settler

I used search function and found no info on this subject.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but the ongoing contract dispute between Dish and KTXL (Sacramento local station) has lasted over a month now and will cause customers to lose 12 of 16 regular season games unless it's resolved soon.

Maybe I'm over-reacting because these disputes have happened in the past and channels were restored but it looks like both sides are not even talking.

When I complained to Dish about losing Fox 40 and NFL Network, they offered to take $15 off my bill for 6 months. I encourage any other unhappy fans to do the same.

My choices will be an extra antenna for local channels that I hope I can get or switching to DirecTV and hope they don't pull the same BS.

My 20 Gigs per month of internet aren't much help.

Anyone else concerned about this situation yet or have any info?

I don't understand the big deal here. If you have Dish, you just log into the Fox Sports app and stream it on your TV using Chromecast.
Originally posted by reno9er:
Lol, I don't understand why anyone would use Dish. They are garbage compared to DirecTV.

Yeah no. Depends on the location. In my neighborhood pretty much nobody has DirecTV because it is so unreliable. With DISH I never have issues with outages, with DirecTV they had to replace the original dish multiple times and then the service would go out frequently, especially during monsoon season, any semblance of a storm and boom....no TV.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jul 19, 2016 at 9:00 AM ]
I just canceled my Dish for the same reason!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by reno9er:
Lol, I don't understand why anyone would use Dish. They are garbage compared to DirecTV.

Yeah no. Depends on the location. In my neighborhood pretty much nobody has DirecTV because it is so unreliable. With DISH I never have issues with outages, with DirecTV they had to replace the original dish multiple times and then the service would go out frequently, especially during monsoon season, any semblance of a storm and boom....no TV.

Stop the LIES Phoenix..

The reason why there aren't DirecTV at your hood is because you all been using those ILLEGAL CARDS trying to get all the free movies and PPV, and it gets zapped each time it detects them WRONG DOINGS!!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I just canceled my Dish for the same reason!

have you guys thought about playstation vue? I would pull the trigger, but in my market, (sacramento) the local broadcasts are not live. Instead, they have "on demand" set up.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If any of you guys do switch to DirecTV let me know I can refer you guys, and you get $10 off a month for 10 months.

But on a serious note, that sucks, I had Dish for about a year, and they drop channels all the time, DirecTV hardly ever drops a channel. I'd recommend DirecTV. Even if I lived in Bay Area I would still have them, I live in NY where there are no 49ers games on TV, so DirecTV is a must.

My buddy gets the NFL ticket so I just mooch of him during the season plus I have red zone...like you said no Niners games in NY.

Yea I usually find a free stream every week so i don't rock with Direct tv. They do have a Niners bar here in DC that i got too once or twice. Working on a way now to stream games over amazon tv with kodi
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
KODI.... 49ers game ... is it possible?
What good is it to stay with them?

Right now I get good service in a forested area where satellites are tricky, but that's the only possible issue with DirecTV. I'm sure channel packages are about the same.

Don't be a settler

LOL he needs his privacy

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If any of you guys do switch to DirecTV let me know I can refer you guys, and you get $10 off a month for 10 months.

But on a serious note, that sucks, I had Dish for about a year, and they drop channels all the time, DirecTV hardly ever drops a channel. I'd recommend DirecTV. Even if I lived in Bay Area I would still have them, I live in NY where there are no 49ers games on TV, so DirecTV is a must.

My buddy gets the NFL ticket so I just mooch of him during the season plus I have red zone...like you said no Niners games in NY.

Yea I usually find a free stream every week so i don't rock with Direct tv. They do have a Niners bar here in DC that i got too once or twice. Working on a way now to stream games over amazon tv with kodi

Tried the free streaming stuff but it was always cut out lagged. let me know if you find a better way lol. I'm all ears
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
I don't understand the big deal here. If you have Dish, you just log into the Fox Sports app and stream it on your TV using Chromecast.

I live in a rural area and stuck with limited bandwidth, 20 gigs/month can't support streaming 4 nfl games.
Share 49ersWebzone