LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

New Scientific Study Ranks All 32 NFL Fan Bases From Best To Worst (49ers related)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Chiefs, Browns, and Steelers seem low. Surprised to see panthers in the top 10. Seems like fans in more wealthy areas are rated higher. That's the only way I can accept Dolphin fans being rated higher than Bills fans .
Scientific

Lol
What a stupid list. We all know the 49ers belong at 32. Fan base is such trash
Raiders lololol
The study is b******t I don't know what kind of science they're using but I have lived all over the country and I was shocked to see how many Raider fans there were in other states. The Raider Nation is very strong way stronger than 49ers fan base outside California. For example in Denver there are many bars where there is a special section for Raider fans.
Even when I was living in Connecticut I would often see cars with raider decals on the back, in the same ghetto fashion that you see them in the Bay Area
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
The study is b******t I don't know what kind of science they're using but I have lived all over the country and I was shocked to see how many Raider fans there were in other states. The Raider Nation is very strong way stronger than 49ers fan base outside California. For example in Denver there are many bars where there is a special section for Raider fans.
Even when I was living in Connecticut I would often see cars with raider decals on the back, in the same ghetto fashion that you see them in the Bay Area

Tons of two dollar decals don't account for much.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Seriously, the Niners fan base is better than the Raiders. Sorry to break it to you but I've seen a ton of Niner fans compared to raider fans. Also, Niner fans have been way more loyal than the small percentage of loyal raider fans.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Seriously, the Niners fan base is better than the Raiders. Sorry to break it to you but I've seen a ton of Niner fans compared to raider fans. Also, Niner fans have been way more loyal than the small percentage of loyal raider fans.

Mostly Raider "fans" aren't really fans at all. They have some real die hard fans of course but many people you see are just thugs and street gangs wearing Raider paraphernalia. This was abundantly clear when I lived down in the Monterey area. Raider crap everywhere, but it had less to do with the team than a gangster life style.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What a stupid list. We all know the 49ers belong at 32. Fan base is such trash

Speaking for yourself?

I wonder how many other NFL franchises have so many fans that turn every piece of news and twist it into a negative.
seahawks, packers, and steelers are below us? lmao

I could see the argument for packers and steelers, but why include the Seahawks? Only been relevant for 4 years. Unless you are a butt hurt shehawk fan lol

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I could see the argument for packers and steelers, but why include the Seahawks? Only been relevant for 4 years. Unless you are a butt hurt shehawk fan lol

I moved from the Bay area to She hawk country. We don't need to discuss why, but it was necessary. A vast majority of the Seachicken Jersey wearing , 12th man banner flying morons that I run in to can't even discuss NFL football, have no sense of Seahawk history and can barely name a Seahawk player other than Sherman and Wilson. I have net some that only know who Marshawn Lynch is if you say "beast mode". Incredible to walk into a sports bar and see so many "fans" that aren't. Just band wagon people who wouldn't follow the team again if they start losing. There are the exceptions of course, but I guarantee you if you get out in the countryside in the northwest and start questioning Seattle fans you get a whole different level of conversation than you would get from approaching someone wearing gear from 49ers, Packers, Bears... Walk onto some place in a small town in California and approach a 9er fan at random and you see the difference. Or some Bears or Packers fan. There are other teams like that too of course, but Seahawks? I don't believe most of their fans are real.
Steelers fans travel, are well represented almost everywhere, but are ranked 18?
ya this is trash.

[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I moved from the Bay area to She hawk country. We don't need to discuss why, but it was necessary. A vast majority of the Seachicken Jersey wearing , 12th man banner flying morons that I run in to can't even discuss NFL football, have no sense of Seahawk history and can barely name a Seahawk player other than Sherman and Wilson. I have net some that only know who Marshawn Lynch is if you say "beast mode". Incredible to walk into a sports bar and see so many "fans" that aren't. Just band wagon people who wouldn't follow the team again if they start losing. There are the exceptions of course, but I guarantee you if you get out in the countryside in the northwest and start questioning Seattle fans you get a whole different level of conversation than you would get from approaching someone wearing gear from 49ers, Packers, Bears... Walk onto some place in a small town in California and approach a 9er fan at random and you see the difference. Or some Bears or Packers fan. There are other teams like that too of course, but Seahawks? I don't believe most of their fans are real.

I don't live in the region, so I will gladly take your word
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM ]
LOL @ the Packers, Steelers, and Chiefs being outside the top 10. Ridiculous list.
Share 49ersWebzone