There are 259 users in the forums

Have we let some OL go that you regret?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

/thread
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
I think Mike Person is out there too. Perhaps due to injuries, but a couple of those guys started.

i think he started for the chargers at Tackle or something. The chargers O-line was even worst than us.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jul 5, 2016 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I see organizations like New England, Seattle ad GB that seem to plug in guys every week and still win. The 49ers put time into Looney and it looks the Cowboys will reap the rewards.

Feel like it's been more of a coaching issue including changes in scheme, more than talent.

Could be cursed
Originally posted by 9moon:
Kevin "the mankind" GOGANNNNNN!!!!!

Ya beat me 2 it!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
William H. Paris Jr.
I see organizations like New England, Seattle ad GB that seem to plug in guys every week and still win. The 49ers put time into Looney and it looks the Cowboys will reap the rewards.

Feel like it's been more of a coaching issue including changes in scheme, more than talent.

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

Tom Cable said something along the lines of him not needing the best OL to get success from his OL scheme....run game wise.

Wicket constantly getting smashed on passing plays.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Could be cursed

Lol. Or that.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Possibly Iupati, but our front office may have recognized that we needed to rebuild after all the departures that offseason. At the very least, we should have brought someone in to replace Iupati because we ended up having a horrible offensive line last year (injuries were part of the problem, but we we only had 2 capable offensive linemen to begin with).

I think Boone will be a tough loss, but I'm fine with letting him go. We're rebuilding and part of rebuilding is finding young players who we can develop. Keeping a 29 year old who may not be a fit in a zone blocking scheme is obviously not a priority for a rebuilding team. Same goes for letting Boldin go - it may hurt us in 2016, but that just gives young guys more experience, lets us see what we needs we have going forward, and may result in a higher draft pick if we only win 4-5 games.

Good take.
Our OL coaching has been on par with our WR development. Crap. Some talent disappointment issues too. Man I pray that's not the case this year.

• thl408
I'll go with Looney. Anyone over Devey last season. I think Looney was let go because of scheme mismatch. He wasn't ideal for outside zone. With the team now switching to inside zone, I think he'd contend for a spot.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
kwame harris
Originally posted by LVJay:
William H. Paris Jr.

This.

/thread
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
Jeremy Newberry

Loved him but his knees had nothing left. I know he started 14 games for the Raiders and a few for the Chargers when he left but he wasn't worth keeping on the team anymore.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LVJay:
William H. Paris Jr.

This.

/thread

Share 49ersWebzone