LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Have we let some OL go that you regret?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When you look around the league, there are a number of OL that may have been better than the mess we had last year.

Ryan Seymour
Carter Bykowski
Joe Looney
Cody Wallace
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
When you look around the league, there are a number of OL that may have been better than the mess we had last year.

Ryan Seymour
Carter Bykowski
Joe Looney
Cody Wallace

All those guys haven't been any good on their new teams either.

Only guy I maybe regret letting go was Iupati, but that was mostly due to his injuries and the likelihood he would miss many more games in the future.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

Ryan Seymour
Carter Bykowski
Joe Looney
Cody Wallace

All those guys haven't been any good on their new teams either.

Only guy I maybe regret letting go was Iupati, but that was mostly due to his injuries and the likelihood he would miss many more games in the future.

And the money. And the pass protection. The only one I really regret is Anthony Davis, but that was down to himself. I don't think I particularly want him back, but I do regret what happened.
None of the guys you mentioned.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Looney would've been an upgrade to Martin (the way Martin performed last season) and definitely an upgrade to Devey. If forced to do some OT, he prolly would've out performed Pears as well
I think Mike Person is out there too. Perhaps due to injuries, but a couple of those guys started.
Just seems we nevered bothered to give guys a chance when others weren't cutting it on the field. Hopefully that changes now!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Mike Iupati, alex boone
Possibly Iupati, but our front office may have recognized that we needed to rebuild after all the departures that offseason. At the very least, we should have brought someone in to replace Iupati because we ended up having a horrible offensive line last year (injuries were part of the problem, but we we only had 2 capable offensive linemen to begin with).

I think Boone will be a tough loss, but I'm fine with letting him go. We're rebuilding and part of rebuilding is finding young players who we can develop. Keeping a 29 year old who may not be a fit in a zone blocking scheme is obviously not a priority for a rebuilding team. Same goes for letting Boldin go - it may hurt us in 2016, but that just gives young guys more experience, lets us see what we needs we have going forward, and may result in a higher draft pick if we only win 4-5 games.
Jordan Devey

I see organizations like New England, Seattle ad GB that seem to plug in guys every week and still win. The 49ers put time into Looney and it looks the Cowboys will reap the rewards.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I see organizations like New England, Seattle ad GB that seem to plug in guys every week and still win. The 49ers put time into Looney and it looks the Cowboys will reap the rewards.

Feel like it's been more of a coaching issue including changes in scheme, more than talent.
Jeremy Newberry
Brian De La Puente, and Tom Ashworth. Both went on to get Super bowl rings and dominate US when they played us, but couldn't make it outta camp with us.smh!!
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Jul 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Kevin "the mankind" GOGANNNNNN!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone