LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 444 users in the forums

Does 49ers fan age play a role in QB preference?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does 49ers fan age play a role in QB preference?

Do you guys think that the older 9er fans prefer gabbert, and the younger ones prefer kaepernick?
Nope
I think this poll is designed to start an argument, lol.
Idk
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If you're genuinely interested create a poll that can at least illustrate where people fall by age and QB. This will tell you nothing.
Why should it? Not being snarky, I genuinely dont understand. Age impacts the preference between Joe and Steve, obviously, but why should it impact these 2?
I'm the same age as Gabbert and I'm pulling for Kap
Real fans know neither is the answer
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jun 26, 2016 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

The OP said he expected younger fans to be rooting for Kaepernick and older fans to be rooting for Gabbert. I assume the rationale is that Kaepernick may have been the best 49ers QB some of the younger fans have seen while some of the older fans got to watch Steve Young and Joe Montana so they've seen greatness at the QB position before. Younger fans may have grown up wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

I'm not sure why the older fans would then prefer Gabbert because he hasn't shown much either.

I'm pulling for Deshaun Watson, so I'm not sure what that says about my age...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

The OP said he expected younger fans to be rooting for Kaepernick and older fans to be rooting for Gabbert. I assume the rationale is that Kaepernick may have been the best 49ers QB some of the younger fans have seen while some of the older fans got to watch Steve Young and Joe Montana so they've seen greatness at the QB position before. Younger fans may have grown up wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

I'm not sure why the older fans would then prefer Gabbert because he hasn't shown much either.

If that's the case why are you pulling for Watson when he hasn't even stepped on the field in the NFL yet, who's to say he would turn out any better than Gabbert or Kaepernick??

Originally posted by okdkid:
If you're genuinely interested create a poll that can at least illustrate where people fall by age and QB. This will tell you nothing.

yeah i dont know how this poll will say anything,

Im 25 and i like gabbert over kaep. Would like to wait til 2018 to draft to Rosen

Me too. Kid looks like the real deal.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If that's the case why are you pulling for Watson when he hasn't even stepped on the field in the NFL yet, who's to say he would turn out any better than Gabbert or Kaepernick??

Because I've seen what we have with Kaepernick and Gabbert. I'm fine if the coaching staff targets another player as a potential franchise QB, but I think we need to start looking. We don't know if Watson will be better than Kaepernick or Gabbert, but when you don't have a franchise QB on your roster, you have to try to find one.

That said, if Watson is taken first overall and we're picking 2nd, I'd rather have Garrett than any other college QB at this point.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Jun 26, 2016 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by crabman82:

I would say that real fans should wait at least one more season before declaring them as failures.

2015 was a mulligan for the entire franchise.

Kap had a better 2014 than Cam Newton, true story (2012 and 2013 as well).

Blaine's showing in Seattle was better than expected.

I'd rather succeed with one of these two than draft a new guy or sign/trade for someone like Sam Bradford.

Can't see why it couldn't happen.
Share 49ersWebzone