LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Why we are going to win 9-10 games!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys are assuming none of our players are going to improve over last season. The Rams will be worse than last year with a rookie QB and all their free agent losses plus they have given up a lot of draft picks. Plus you have to add in a solid draft with 2 1st round picks. We drafted the best DE and the best OG in the draft. Last years offense was horrible. Just a better scheme will get us a few wins.
I think some of you might be pissed if we do win 10+ games
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
1. Chip Kelly's offenses score a lot of points. His offense makes average QBs better I think Kap wins the job and has his best year. Our offense had 10 plays in it last year and none of them was good. We averaged 13 points last season. Kelly's team was too 5 until he got trade happy and got rid of his best players. Kelly alone should add 3/4 wins.

2. Hyde healthy should rush for a grand if he don't get hurt either way our offense should have a better plan to run the ball. I wouldn't mind picking up Arian Foster or someone incase of injury.

3. Improved Oline. Beadles, Kilgore and Garnett should be an automatic upgrade.

4. Improved defense Buckner and aArmstead bumping Jerold-Eddie to the bench is an improvement. Our Dline will be deep and talented when Williams and Dorsey get back. Bethea back should also be a plus hopefully Reid plays harder for a new contract. Depth at CB will help when the injuries start.

5. Ward getting 1100 snaps instead of 700 playing just the slot. D. Johnson moving infront of Acker should also give us a boost.

6. With and improved offense at least 1 or 2 of our WRs have got to have a breakout season. My money is on Ellington and Rogers.

Have you seriously taken a good look at our schedule! I see a max of a six win season.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cardinals-own-top-spot-in-first-nfc-projections-of-2016/

16. San Francisco 49ers (4-12)The 49ers had the second-worst record in the NFC last year, and followed that up by having one of the quietest offseasons. While DeForest Buckner should have an instant impact on the defensive line, losing players like Anquan Boldin and Alex Boone can't help the offense. Unless Chip Kelly can get the best out of his players immediately, it will be a season of rebuilding in San Francisco.

last place
Our strength of schedule will put us at least 2-4 wins maybe 5, we are moving in the right direction but the timing isn't right.....I would love to get 10+ wins, but my reality wont let me go there.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
You guys are assuming none of our players are going to improve over last season. The Rams will be worse than last year with a rookie QB and all their free agent losses plus they have given up a lot of draft picks. Plus you have to add in a solid draft with 2 1st round picks. We drafted the best DE and the best OG in the draft. Last years offense was horrible. Just a better scheme will get us a few wins.
Those same Rams beat us with a guy off the practice squad at QB
I'm eager to see who will be our starting WRs.

I don't want to see patton/ellington.

Yes they both have the "potential" ( hate that f'ing word now ) but they have not stepped up.

I think our running game will be solid as long as hyde can stay healthy.

I am worried about our CBs tho. . .
I'm just ready for football season. But its seems the originator of this thread woke up in a very good mood. I wish I could be so optimistic.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Man I just hope we can win a single game.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I'm dumping the negativity in my life and trying to be as positive as I can in all aspects, including my Niners.

Good post.

I did that once, the next day my dog died. Always be pessimistic, that way anything good happens it's a delightful treat!
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets bet on that !

Originally posted by beatintina49:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I'm dumping the negativity in my life and trying to be as positive as I can in all aspects, including my Niners.

Good post.

I did that once, the next day my dog died. Always be pessimistic, that way anything good happens it's a delightful treat!
good doesn't happen to pessimistic people
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
When you say Garnett won't be as good as Boone was as a rookie, do you mean when Boone was a rookie, or last year?

Meant Garnett as a rookie won't be as good as Boone was last year. I like Garnett, so that's not to say he won't be a good player - I just don't expect him to be a $7 million a year type of player as a rookie.

Regarding Bruce Miller being a loss: I expect the scheme and coaching staff to contribute to an additional win even with Bruce Miller becoming obsolete. Chip Kelly doesn't use fullbacks, so we're being forced to try him out at a new position which he's not physically suited for. Bruce Miller changing from a great FB to potentially a backup TE is a loss. We're going to run more 3 wide sets so we'll have a bad WR on the field instead of a good FB.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
When you say Garnett won't be as good as Boone was as a rookie, do you mean when Boone was a rookie, or last year?

Meant Garnett as a rookie won't be as good as Boone was last year. I like Garnett, so that's not to say he won't be a good player - I just don't expect him to be a $7 million a year type of player as a rookie.

Regarding Bruce Miller being a loss: I expect the scheme and coaching staff to contribute to an additional win even with Bruce Miller becoming obsolete. Chip Kelly doesn't use fullbacks, so we're being forced to try him out at a new position which he's not physically suited for. Bruce Miller changing from a great FB to potentially a backup TE is a loss. We're going to run more 3 wide sets so we'll have a bad WR on the field instead of a good FB.
the best run blocking Guard, he should fill in pretty good like iupati in his rookie year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

I heard that brotha. We'll probably luck out a couple times.

Preseason!!!! 50-7
Share 49ersWebzone