LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Why we are going to win 9-10 games!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I'm dumping the negativity in my life and trying to be as positive as I can in all aspects, including my Niners.

Good post.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm dumping the negativity in my life and trying to be as positive as I can in all aspects, including my Niners.

Good post.

For a while at least
Originally posted by NCommand:

Good post.

For a while at least

Well then, I applaud you!
I hope kap does not win the starting job. Offence is made for gabbart with the short passes.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
1. Chip hasn't had to coach the least talented offense in the league before. The 49ers have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, one of the worst WR casts, and 2 backup QB's. There's a reason we only scored 13 points per game last year and our talent level didn't improve in the offseason with Boldin leaving, Miller moving from his regular position, Boone leaving, and Kaepernick losing a ton of weight after surgery.

2. Hyde hasn't shown he can stay healthy and the offensive line sucks. If he rushes for a grand, it will be on 4 yards per carry or less on an offense that can't move the ball.

3. Garnett was our only real addition to the offensive line and I don't expect him to be as good as Boone was as a rookie. Staley is a year older, Brown came into camp out of shape, and Kilgore can't stay healthy. Beadles may not even start. There's a reason we only had to pay him $3 million a year in free agency to come to a 5 win team.

4-5. Agree that our defense is marginally improved. We still have major holes at OLB opposite Lynch and ILB next to Bowman, but we added depth to the defensive line and secondary with Bethea coming back.

6. Our WR's aren't talented. You're assuming Chip Kelly magically makes this offense work. Joe Staley and Torrey Smith are the only guys who would start for most NFL teams (maybe Garnett or Kilgore but we'll have to wait and see).

There is no way Kaepernick has his best year next year. His supporting cast now is a joke compared to his supporting cast in 2012-2013. He hasn't shown much improvement since then and he's coming off surgery and losing a ton of weight.

5-11 or 6-10 is realistic. Winning 5 or 6 games next year would be a significant improvement over what looked like a 3 win team last year. I think Chip Kelly is the long term answer at head coach, but this team is not talented so I won't blame him if we win 5 games.

So you think the additions of players and coaching staff is worth one extra win? Boone is so overrated here its ridiculous, I can't see how beadles can't at he very least perform as well as Boone last yr which was middle of the pack and having Kilgore is a upgrade over Martin...the line will be better than last yr.

#2- why can't Hyde run for grand with a upgraded line ( do you not agree we got the best run blocking OG in th draft?) his system is a perfect fit for him, go look at OSU when he was there....we can say depending on health for evey single person that plays in the NFL.

Chip has been able to take evey single offense he's coached better...there is no reason to think SF won't score more points then last season when they won 5 games....9 or 10 wins might be too much but to say they win 1 more game is kinda silly IMO.

We shall see guess, I just can't see them being worse then last yr.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 26, 2016 at 9:53 AM ]
well there are things that are certain:

-we will score way more points

-our QB will look exceptionally better

-we have a smart capable HC

-our O-line has vastly improved

-Our run game should be way better with better play calling and improved o-line

-our defensive young players are more matured and we have added a new crop of talent from the draft
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jun 26, 2016 at 10:03 AM ]
chip won 7 games with a better roster in a weaker division

I think we win 3 games
Originally posted by NYniner85:
1. Chip hasn't had to coach the least talented offense in the league before. The 49ers have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, one of the worst WR casts, and 2 backup QB's. There's a reason we only scored 13 points per game last year and our talent level didn't improve in the offseason with Boldin leaving, Miller moving from his regular position, Boone leaving, and Kaepernick losing a ton of weight after surgery.

2. Hyde hasn't shown he can stay healthy and the offensive line sucks. If he rushes for a grand, it will be on 4 yards per carry or less on an offense that can't move the ball.

3. Garnett was our only real addition to the offensive line and I don't expect him to be as good as Boone was as a rookie. Staley is a year older, Brown came into camp out of shape, and Kilgore can't stay healthy. Beadles may not even start. There's a reason we only had to pay him $3 million a year in free agency to come to a 5 win team.

4-5. Agree that our defense is marginally improved. We still have major holes at OLB opposite Lynch and ILB next to Bowman, but we added depth to the defensive line and secondary with Bethea coming back.

6. Our WR's aren't talented. You're assuming Chip Kelly magically makes this offense work. Joe Staley and Torrey Smith are the only guys who would start for most NFL teams (maybe Garnett or Kilgore but we'll have to wait and see).

There is no way Kaepernick has his best year next year. His supporting cast now is a joke compared to his supporting cast in 2012-2013. He hasn't shown much improvement since then and he's coming off surgery and losing a ton of weight.

5-11 or 6-10 is realistic. Winning 5 or 6 games next year would be a significant improvement over what looked like a 3 win team last year. I think Chip Kelly is the long term answer at head coach, but this team is not talented so I won't blame him if we win 5 games.

So you think the additions of players and coaching staff is worth one extra win? Boone is so overrated here its ridiculous, I can't see how beadles can't at he very least perform as well as Boone last yr which was middle of the pack and having Kilgore is a upgrade over Martin...the line will be better than last yr.

#2- why can't Hyde run for grand with w upgraded line ( do you know agree we got the best Run blocking OG in th draft?) his system is a perfect fit for him go look at OSU when he was there....we can say depending on health for evey single person that plays in the NFL.

Chip has been able to take evey single offense he's coached better...there is no reason to think SF won't score more point then last season when they won 5 games....9 or 10 wins might be too much but to say they win 1 more game is kinda silly IMO.

I've said this a number of times, but it makes no sense to use 5 games as the floor for this team if it made no changes. We were a 3 or 4 win team last year. We won two games on missed field goals by our opponents and were blown out in a number of games. There's so much irrational optimism on here based on some meaningless/lucky wins last year.

Since 1978 (when the season was extended to 16 games), 2015 was our 4th worst season in terms of +/- (-149, 2nd worst in the league behind the Browns). The other 3 seasons we won 2 games, 4 games, and 4 games (2004, 2005, 1999). We had much better point differentials in 1978 and 1979 and only won 2 games both of those years. The Titans, Chargers, and Cowboys all had significant better point differentials than we did last year and they all finished with fewer wins. We were not better than any of them last year.

The coaching staff addition by itself (Chip Kelly in particular) is worth close to one game to me which pushes us to a 4 or 5 win team. I don't think our players on offense going into next season are better than our players last year - our WR's and TE's are worse (lost Boldin and Vernon Davis), we moved one of our best players out of position (Bruce Miller), and our QB is coming off surgery (Kaepernick). I like Garnett, but he isn't a huge addition considering we're replacing Boone. On defense, our starters are the same for the most part, but we added some more depth. Those additions aren't worth a game to me and we're likely to see injuries again this year, so I think 5-5.5 is the right line heading into the season.

Given 5 wins is the betting line, we should have half the posters predicting 5 wins or fewer, but there's a lot of irrational optimism on here. If our entire team stays healthy (not a likely scenario), I still think this is only a 6-7 win team. If key players like Hyde, Staley, Lynch, or Bowman get hurt, we could be looking at a 3-4 win season.

My theory is that the 49ers won't return to greatness unless the three other bay area pro teams get to their respective championships and lose. This is the sacrifice required for our 49ers to return to glory. 2 down 1 to go. Just need the Giants to make it to the WS this year and lose!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
well there are things that are likely:

-we will score more points barring injuries

-we have a smart capable HC

-our O-line has improved barring injuries

-Our run game should be better with better play calling and improved o-line again barring injuries

-our defensive young players are more matured and we have added a new crop of talent from the draft

Fixed that for you. It's absurd saying we will score more points for certain and our QB will look exceptionally better when we're talking about football. Look what happened to the Cowboys last year - no one would have picked them to only win 4 games, but then they lost Tony Romo and Dez Bryant. If Joe Staley goes down, our offense is the worst in the league again and it doesn't matter who is calling the plays. If Hyde goes down, our running game will suck again.

We had the worst offense in the league last year and we didn't add to it at all in free agency (we let Boone walk and replaced him with an inferior player in Beadles). We added one impactful player to our offense in the draft (Garnett), but he'll have to learn a new position if we play Beadles at LG.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cardinals-own-top-spot-in-first-nfc-projections-of-2016/

16. San Francisco 49ers (4-12)The 49ers had the second-worst record in the NFC last year, and followed that up by having one of the quietest offseasons. While DeForest Buckner should have an instant impact on the defensive line, losing players like Anquan Boldin and Alex Boone can't help the offense. Unless Chip Kelly can get the best out of his players immediately, it will be a season of rebuilding in San Francisco.

last place
I've said this a number of times, but it makes no sense to use 5 games as the floor for this team if it made no changes. We were a 3 or 4 win team last year. We won two games on missed field goals by our opponents and were blown out in a number of games. There's so much irrational optimism on here based on some meaningless/lucky wins last year.

Since 1978 (when the season was extended to 16 games), 2015 was our 4th worst season in terms of +/- (-149, 2nd worst in the league behind the Browns). The other 3 seasons we won 2 games, 4 games, and 4 games (2004, 2005, 1999). We had much better point differentials in 1978 and 1979 and only won 2 games both of those years. The Titans, Chargers, and Cowboys all had significant better point differentials than we did last year and they all finished with fewer wins. We were not better than any of them last year.

The coaching staff addition by itself (Chip Kelly in particular) is worth close to one game to me which pushes us to a 4 or 5 win team. I don't think our players on offense going into next season are better than our players last year - our WR's and TE's are worse (lost Boldin and Vernon Davis), we moved one of our best players out of position (Bruce Miller), and our QB is coming off surgery (Kaepernick). I like Garnett, but he isn't a huge addition considering we're replacing Boone. On defense, our starters are the same for the most part, but we added some more depth. Those additions aren't worth a game to me and we're likely to see injuries again this year, so I think 5-5.5 is the right line heading into the season.

Given 5 wins is the betting line, we should have half the posters predicting 5 wins or fewer, but there's a lot of irrational optimism on here. If our entire team stays healthy (not a likely scenario), I still think this is only a 6-7 win team. If key players like Hyde, Staley, Lynch, or Bowman get hurt, we could be looking at a 3-4 win season.

FGs missed/made, going for two, fumbles, injuries can account for tons of wins and losses...at the end of the day we won five games like it or not.

How do you even throw Davis in as a loss?? What the hell did he do for this team the past two seasons? Lol Bruce Miller isn't our full back so that's a huge loss? What? If anything he will be more in the offense as a playmaking H-back/TE. Talking about him regarding getting worse isn't even close to relevant especially with our new scheme. Boone wasn't even our best guard last season and had gotten progressively worse after his breakout 2012 yr...between tiller, Garnett and beadles it's a upgrade compared to last season no question!

Maybe we don't see as many injuries due to how chips staff really focus on recovery/workouts ( some of his philly teams were one of the lowest in the league especially soft tissue injuries) also basing injures as plus or minus for games is ridiculous, I could say some of the teams we play this season get the injury bug or lose thier QB just as easy.....this team is much better than last season, young players have another full year in the NFL and got more experience then in past years and we do have a much better staff top to bottom.

I don't think it's a 10 win team that's optimistic but not realistic. I do think we will be better than a 5 win team along with being more competitive.

When you say Garnett won't be as good as Boone was as a rookie, do you mean when Boone was a rookie, or last year?
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Jun 26, 2016 at 10:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone