LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Why we are going to win 9-10 games!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Chip Kelly's offenses score a lot of points. His offense makes average QBs better I think Kap wins the job and has his best year. Our offense had 10 plays in it last year and none of them was good. We averaged 13 points last season. Kelly's team was too 5 until he got trade happy and got rid of his best players. Kelly alone should add 3/4 wins.

2. Hyde healthy should rush for a grand if he don't get hurt either way our offense should have a better plan to run the ball. I wouldn't mind picking up Arian Foster or someone incase of injury.

3. Improved Oline. Beadles, Kilgore and Garnett should be an automatic upgrade.

4. Improved defense Buckner and aArmstead bumping Jerold-Eddie to the bench is an improvement. Our Dline will be deep and talented when Williams and Dorsey get back. Bethea back should also be a plus hopefully Reid plays harder for a new contract. Depth at CB will help when the injuries start.

5. Ward getting 1100 snaps instead of 700 playing just the slot. D. Johnson moving infront of Acker should also give us a boost.

6. With and improved offense at least 1 or 2 of our WRs have got to have a breakout season. My money is on Ellington and Rogers.
A lot of optimism, but I like your excitement.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Why are you hating on a guy who is excited for his team and hopes for the best? His prediction is wildly optimistic granted, but why slam a Webzoner for being overly optimistic?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
1. Chip Kelly's offenses score a lot of points. His offense makes average QBs better I think Kap wins the job and has his best year. Our offense had 10 plays in it last year and none of them was good. We averaged 13 points last season. Kelly's team was too 5 until he got trade happy and got rid of his best players. Kelly alone should add 3/4 wins.

2. Hyde healthy should rush for a grand if he don't get hurt either way our offense should have a better plan to run the ball. I wouldn't mind picking up Arian Foster or someone incase of injury.

4. Improved defense Buckner and aArmstead bumping Jerold-Eddie to the bench is an improvement. Our Dline will be deep and talented when Williams and Dorsey get back. Bethea back should also be a plus hopefully Reid plays harder for a new contract. Depth at CB will help when the injuries start.

5. Ward getting 1100 snaps instead of 700 playing just the slot. D. Johnson moving infront of Acker should also give us a boost.

6. With and improved offense at least 1 or 2 of our WRs have got to have a breakout season. My money is on Ellington and Rogers.

7. Motivated to play above and beyond just to prove all the naysayers and forty whiners all wrong
Chip will make a huge difference.
Let er' rip for chip!

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

1. Chip hasn't had to coach the least talented offense in the league before. The 49ers have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, one of the worst WR casts, and 2 backup QB's. There's a reason we only scored 13 points per game last year and our talent level didn't improve in the offseason with Boldin leaving, Miller moving from his regular position, Boone leaving, and Kaepernick losing a ton of weight after surgery.

2. Hyde hasn't shown he can stay healthy and the offensive line sucks. If he rushes for a grand, it will be on 4 yards per carry or less on an offense that can't move the ball.

3. Garnett was our only real addition to the offensive line and I don't expect him to be as good as Boone was as a rookie. Staley is a year older, Brown came into camp out of shape, and Kilgore can't stay healthy. Beadles may not even start. There's a reason we only had to pay him $3 million a year in free agency to come to a 5 win team.

4-5. Agree that our defense is marginally improved. We still have major holes at OLB opposite Lynch and ILB next to Bowman, but we added depth to the defensive line and secondary with Bethea coming back.

6. Our WR's aren't talented. You're assuming Chip Kelly magically makes this offense work. Joe Staley and Torrey Smith are the only guys who would start for most NFL teams (maybe Garnett or Kilgore but we'll have to wait and see).

There is no way Kaepernick has his best year next year. His supporting cast now is a joke compared to his supporting cast in 2012-2013. He hasn't shown much improvement since then and he's coming off surgery and losing a ton of weight.

5-11 or 6-10 is realistic. Winning 5 or 6 games next year would be a significant improvement over what looked like a 3 win team last year. I think Chip Kelly is the long term answer at head coach, but this team is not talented so I won't blame him if we win 5 games.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Let er' rip for chip!

i got them with 7 wins being their floor

I with you buckeye
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM ]

• 9moon
  • Veteran
The Machine Gun Offense happened to be made for the skills of Sunshine and Hyde!!
I can dig it.
I'm dumping the negativity in my life and trying to be as positive as I can in all aspects, including my Niners.

Good post.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Jun 25, 2016 at 10:42 PM ]
Let's go Niners, let's go!
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Why are you hating on a guy who is excited for his team and hopes for the best? His prediction is wildly optimistic granted, but why slam a Webzoner for being overly optimistic?

Maybe he is trying to protect the OP from the reality of the situation.
Share 49ersWebzone