There are 312 users in the forums

MASSIVE cap space.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think without question this is our biggest bright spot, 49.5 million in cap space... even more if we end up getting rid of kaep next year. That could fill some major holes in our team with top tier talent. I'm not looking for illegitimate championships, like the saints or broncos, we don't need to BUY our best player. I hope we use this money strictly for both o and d line with consistent, quality players. This season we will see how good our unproven talent is and make up for what is lacking in free agents. 2017 we should be back :-) please hold back your hate for me saying this season is doomed but it is. 7 wins at best. Hope I'm wrong but just don't like the schedule and our unproven young guys... yet.
Are the 49ers like the oakland a's now
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

only if we trade away buckner after a rookie pro bowl year
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

We can only be so lucky. ...
Jed is pocketing the interest
WE'RE #1!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by beatintina49:
I think without question this is our biggest bright spot, 49.5 million in cap space... even more if we end up getting rid of kaep next year. That could fill some major holes in our team with top tier talent. I'm not looking for illegitimate championships, like the saints or broncos, we don't need to BUY our best player. I hope we use this money strictly for both o and d line with consistent, quality players. This season we will see how good our unproven talent is and make up for what is lacking in free agents. 2017 we should be back :-) please hold back your hate for me saying this season is doomed but it is. 7 wins at best. Hope I'm wrong but just don't like the schedule and our unproven young guys... yet.

I would think that you'd want Kaep to return to form instead of 'getting rid of'of him? If he does, along with the defense and cap space we're back in the hunt consistently for the next 4-5 years.
Do we have to use it all this year or will it roll over??

MASSIVE WOODY for Yorks.
Everyone remembers how the Cardinals used to dominate the NFL by never using their entire Cap Space. Why spend money on players when the owners can keep the difference. Cap not spent this year is lost forever.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm not sure how having so much cap space is a bright spot. it's nice if there were a FA worth signing but i don't think there's anyone out there that's worth it unless Aaron Rodgers were free or someone like an AJ Green. Even then, i'd hate to see us go out and over pay for someone that is a gamble and may not make an impact.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by beatintina49:

I would think that you'd want Kaep to return to form instead of 'getting rid of'of him? If he does, along with the defense and cap space we're back in the hunt consistently for the next 4-5 years.

I agree with this 100%. Getting rid of Kaep for the sake of getting more Kaep space ( see what I did there ) makes no sense. Whats the answer when Kaep is gone? Gabbert? Sorry don't see the vision.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Hopefully the reason for the unspent money isn't so Jed can have an extra 49.5 million in his account. If that were to be the case, we are screwed as long as the Yorks own the team.
Share 49ersWebzone