LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Starting on Defense.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't see why some worry about our defense...we're young and athletic... unproven does not mean we suck...it means they haven't had the chance to make any noise yet because they are young...this is how I see our defense this year and I LOVE our youth...I'll be honest our pass rush concerns me.. Harold is probably the biggest question mark I have and Lynch is more suited to play second fiddle to likes of a Aldon Smith but well see... Buckner will give us some rush so hopefully that would help out some..I think Johnson and Robinson will beat out the madness we have at corner and depth is nuts in that position.. definitely a strength of ours.. what do you guys think of my starters??

(CB)-Johnson

(Nickel)-Ward

...................(OLB)-Harold

(DE)-AA........................... (FS)-Reid

...................(MLB)-Hodges

(DT)-Williams

...................(MLB)-Bowman

(DE)-Buckner.....................(SS)-Tartt

..................(OLB)-Lynch

(CB)-Robinson
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Jun 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM ]
Bathea will def start over tartt and I like Robinson but no way he beats out ward in base downs or most likely Brock.

Also Buckner won't start at the beginning of the year most likely rotate but will start towards the end like aa did last year
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 20, 2016 at 2:19 AM ]
Defensive line doesn't matter who starts because it will be the most rotated position.
Backers are Bowman , Hodges, Lynch and Brooks
Corners will be Brock, Acker and Ward at nickle.
SS / FS are Bethea and Reid
Williams is a question to be ready for the start so Dorsey and Purcell will probably hold down the middle. Might see dial there also. Brooks bethae and Brock will all start. Yes this defense has the depth and making to be special in a year or two.definitely heading the right direction.
Originally posted by dsmith_49erz:
Defensive line doesn't matter who starts because it will be the most rotated position.
Backers are Bowman , Hodges, Lynch and Brooks
Corners will be Brock, Acker and Ward at nickle.
SS / FS are Bethea and Reid

You think Acker starters? Why? He's a zone CB not the press man they are looking for. It's looking like (very early) Brock and Ward on the outside. I wouldn't be surprised if Acker doesn't even make the final roster in favor of Robinson.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Williams is a question to be ready for the start so Dorsey and Purcell will probably hold down the middle. Might see dial there also. Brooks bethae and Brock will all start. Yes this defense has the depth and making to be special in a year or two.definitely heading the right direction.

I'm not sure Dorsey will be ready for anything either (torn ACL)...Dial/Purcell would probably hold down the NT spot until Williams is ready.
Oour dbs suck
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Oour dbs suck

you do not know that at all in my opinion
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm not sure Dorsey will be ready for anything either (torn ACL)...Dial/Purcell would probably hold down the NT spot until Williams is ready.

I wonder if Lake or Cherry make the team if Dorsey and Williams aren't ready.
I wonder if Lake or Cherry make the team if Dorsey and Williams aren't ready.

They'd have to really really stand out in training camp because they'd be getting the boot once Dorsey/Williams is healthy( good practice squad candidates). I think Dial and Purcell can hold it down, I think there's other spots where roster bubble players might be better to keep (OL/WR/DB).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:
You think Acker starters? Why? He's a zone CB not the press man they are looking for. It's looking like (very early) Brock and Ward on the outside. I wouldn't be surprised if Acker doesn't even make the final roster in favor of Robinson.
Acker makes the team..stop it.
Just as everyone on this board, I voice my opinion. This team needs quality corners that can play, just because he's a better zone guy doesn't mean he can't cover. When was the last time we had a true press corner?
Until we can generate constant heat up front the coverage concepts goes out the window when the QB has too much time in the pocket...Acker is at least out 3rd best corner.
[ Edited by dsmith_49erz on Jun 20, 2016 at 9:14 AM ]
Does Chris Davis get in the mix at cb?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I believe DORSEY will be one of the starter... I doubt the DUCKWING DUCKS BROS will start this soon..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I believe DORSEY will be one of the starter... I doubt the DUCKWING DUCKS BROS will start this soon..

Is Dorsey ready?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
not at this moment, but I'm talking about when he gets healthy.. I believe that he will be starting at one DT position..
Share 49ersWebzone