LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

Talked to a 49er player today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
In fairness, I've run into a lot of athletes over my 1/2 century of life, and some of them have been great, while others have been not so great. I've also had great conversations with an athlete, and the next time I saw that athlete he was as cold as ice.

Dwight Howard is a great example. He used to come to my son's football games here in Texas. I spoke to him a couple of times and he was amazing. Very affable. I have also seen him out and about, and while he was nice, he wasn't in the mood to talk basketball.

That's cool you met Dwight. Chris Mullin would rarely walk by my little league games when I was a kid and he'd say hi to everyone. It was pretty cool.

On the other hand, I met Barry Simms at a gas station right after he was on the 9ers. I recognized him and said hey. No one else was in there. Major douchebag. Gave him props on filling in for Staley and he blew me off.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by badguy_1:
I talked with a member of the team who I won't say about a couple issues regarding the team. I asked about what the teams thoughts of chip were, he said they love him. A total players coach, and he had no idea why he got a bad rap in Philly. He mentioned the whole team felt this way. He also stated that most of the team doesn't care/know much about the kaep situation.
i never believe this stuff and yes i am being harsh. players do not just go around saying random stuff to random fans in my opinion. i do not care if its this story being positive about chip or the infamous " i just happened to talk to bruce miller at a bar" gibberish.

news flash cc you know players are actually human beings that talk to other people.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
news flash cc you know players are actually human beings that talk to other people.

and here is a news flash for you.. if they do. they do not reveal inside information pro or con about the team. if they did that is all we would ever hear 24/7.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I talked with a member of the team who I won't say about a couple issues regarding the team. I asked about what the teams thoughts of chip were, he said they love him. A total players coach, and he had no idea why he got a bad rap in Philly. He mentioned the whole team felt this way. He also stated that most of the team doesn't care/know much about the kaep situation.
i never believe this stuff and yes i am being harsh. players do not just go around saying random stuff to random fans in my opinion. i do not care if its this story being positive about chip or the infamous " i just happened to talk to bruce miller at a bar" gibberish.

I never believe you.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

and here is a news flash for you.. if they do. they do not reveal inside information pro or con about the team. if they did that is all we would ever hear 24/7.

are you serious ? so saying that everybody loves chip is inside info ?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

lol players are taught to say the right things to media and fans. There was just a player on NFL radio that was drafted by NE and he said they give players a class on what to say and what not to say to the media.

Kellen Davis is from my neck of the corn fields and he told his dad that Jay Cutler was a prick lol. That's not really inside info you can tell he is just by looking at him.
Originally posted by SoCold:

Jay Cutler was a prick...

He was a prick until Tartt took his soul #BodySlamComa
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 15, 2016 at 10:06 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

I never believe you.

you have no reason to
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

any information sus. i hate it when you act stupid
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cc needs to get out of Iowa sometime.

I played on a softball team with active and former players. We never discussed their job unless it was to talk about some practical joke or other funny stuff that happened.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

why?
gas is 2.15 here
a frosted mug of beer is 1.25
got a nice two bedroom apt with free garbage water and cable for 470 dollars a month
i can take you guys to get a great iowa steak,. corn fed cattle. for 12 bucks
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
This isn't meant to be trolling, but if you look back at Philly in 2013, players were saying the same thing. He needs to sustain it. I think he can. Oregon players love him to death

I thought what hurt him most in Philly is when he started trading away or cutting players. I think he has a better clean slate with the 49ers, a younger roster and you dont have any divas ala Desean Jackson.
I can understand the OP's intent to leave the player nameless.

It's quite possible the player gave him truthful, sincere information and he just wanted to keep it that way.

I almost had doubts about uncovering Tony Parrish's thoughts to me about Harbaugh and the 2014 Niners, and he had been off the team for almost 10 years.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

why?
gas is 2.15 here
a frosted mug of beer is 1.25
got a nice two bedroom apt with free garbage water and cable for 470 dollars a month
i can take you guys to get a great iowa steak,. corn fed cattle. for 12 bucks

yah but no professional athletes will talk to you.
Share 49ersWebzone