LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

What's there to be excited about this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think we are a much better team today when we were at the end of last year

I think I agree with that - I certainly have higher hopes for the head coach.

Originally posted by mojave45:
Now that is funny.

Dark, but funny.

Yeah, I'm usually not that dark around this time of year. I guess the team is beating me down.
The most exciting thing about this year is the offense for these reasons:
  • Hyde excelled in this type of offense in college
  • Gabbert and Kap excelled in this type of offense in college
  • This offense finally makes good use of our WR talent from the small jittery quick guys to the taller deep guys
  • This offense loves TE's as well

Defense is the only thing that concerns me because I know the offense will play much better than it has in the last 10 years.
The truth is that I am excited about more than a few things -

- Yes, Carlos Hyde could have a monster year.
- I'd like to see one of the three QB's really take to Kelly's system and excel.
- I'm really looking forward to seeing how that D-line stops the rush and gets to the QB.
- There are three or four young receivers who look like very exciting prospects for Kelly's system.
- Rooting for Bruce Miller to excel at the TE position.
- Interested in seeing which of the young corners might step up and be a legitimate starter, or possibly even a shut-down guy.
Nobody excited that the Rams are in LA now? Finally have another reason to give it to LA.
Originally posted by crake49:
The truth is that I am excited about more than a few things -

- Yes, Carlos Hyde could have a monster year.
- I'd like to see one of the three QB's really take to Kelly's system and excel.
- I'm really looking forward to seeing how that D-line stops the rush and gets to the QB.
- There are three or four young receivers who look like very exciting prospects for Kelly's system.
- Rooting for Bruce Miller to excel at the TE position.
- Interested in seeing which of the young corners might step up and be a legitimate starter, or possibly even a shut-down guy.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Nobody excited that the Rams are in LA now? Finally have another reason to give it to LA.

I don't care where the Rams call home as long as we beat them.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I'm excited to see if we can really stop the run this season.

Although, as I look at the schedule. There doesn't seem to be a lot of tough runners they'll face this year. Thoughts? Rawls?
Looking forward to see if Baalke keeps his job or not.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'll be excited for everyone that put money on us going over the season win total (5)
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Win or Lose, I have much higher expectations that we might play some interesting football this year.

Our schedule sucks and our team is still raw but if we can make the best teams in the league really work for their wins, it'll at least be entertaining.

Well wrote this a while ago and as the season inches closer I'm still left wondering, what's there to be excited about? We have a pure dumpster fire at qb. Ellington is lost for the season,we're one Carlos Hyde injury away into a complete collapse and the defensive looks completely inept to rush the passer.. looking forward to the draft at this point
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The battle between the 49ers and the Browns to see who gets the first pick in next year's draft.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Oline
Carlos Hyde (if he can stay healthy, I'm not holding my breath though)

AA & Buckner
Young secondary

Annnnnd that's about it.
[ Edited by Dino on Aug 31, 2016 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Well wrote this a while ago and as the season inches closer I'm still left wondering, what's there to be excited about? We have a pure dumpster fire at qb. Ellington is lost for the season,we're one Carlos Hyde injury away into a complete collapse and the defensive looks completely inept to rush the passer.. looking forward to the draft at this point

im about one pre-season game away from looking forward to the draft.

...At least i got Joe Nedn...err Phil Dawson on my fantasy team
The possibility of drafting #1 N getting rid of Trent Blockhead. That gives me hope for the future.
Share 49ersWebzone