LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Offense review SF @ NE 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Came across this link randomly and watched the entire first half and then skipped to the last 7 minutes, to see all SF scoring:

Things I observed about the offense in general:

• Strong push in run game -- even LaMichael James had some room to run.
  • Very decent pass protection - better than we've come to see in a long time.
  • Crabtree's RAC for the type of ground and pound offense we've had was critical
  • Kap looked like a young QB, but not flustered easily and made nice progressions. Every throw was decisive either way which we haven't seen too much in awhile.
  • A lot of squandered offensive opportunities in redzone, first half -- lack of urgency/playcalling....some of it on the rainy weather
  • Collinsworth mentioned a few times about Kap needing to put air under the ball and letting receiver get to it.
  • Collinsworth actually praised CK a lot in this game and said "you beat Tom Brady in here in a must win game for them, and it doesn't matter how it got done"

Good stuff. Of course the defense was a huge force in winning that game, but another reminder of the general mettle of the offense and QB back then.
Nice post. That was an awesome game to watch for sure!
Originally posted by tohara3:

It was an amazing game for sure.

It's a top 3-4 Harbaugh era game for me, and probably my favorite regular season win under that regime....a close battle with our 2012/2013 season openers against Green Bay.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by tohara3:

It was an amazing game for sure.

It's a top 3-4 Harbaugh era game for me, and probably my favorite regular season win under that regime....a close battle with our 2012/2013 season openers against Green Bay.

Agreed. My soon to be wife(Packers fan ) & I were at the opener in Green Bay at Lambeau field. That was an awesome experience for sure!
We were the best team on the planet until Justin got hurt. I hadn't felt that way about a niner team since 1994 and 1995.
Share 49ersWebzone