LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Julio Jones over Aldon Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/08/jim-harbaugh-reveals-49ers-wanted-to-draft-julio-jones/
People continue to act like the careers of WR's like ODB and Julio Jones would've been the same in SF. We can't develop or utilize a WR to save our lives.

We have drafted 2 good WR's since Terrell Owens in 1996. Two. In 20 years.

Aaron Rodgers wouldve busted here, and so would Julio Jones. No use in playing the "woulda coulda shoulda" game.
son of a b*tch
  • This just hurts my heart
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Aldon because WRs came here to end their careers

However, with Chippy as HC or (at least) an offensive-minded HC, then Julio Jones because he's also valuable AND isn't a dumb ****
Originally posted by LVJay:
Aldon because WRs came here to end their careers

However, with Chippy as HC or (at least) an offensive-minded HC, then Julio Jones because he's also valuable AND isn't a dumb ****

Couple of years ago, People would argue Aldon is/was the better pick. Not anymore
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Couple of years ago, People would argue Aldon is/was the better pick. Not anymore

I would've argued that as well, and would've been uncertain on who I'd like more (at that time)
He would have been the deep threat we needed during that run. Remember vsing the Giants in the NFCC? We had no WRs all hurt I think Kyle Williams was starting.. At least we knocked the Falcons out in the NFCC the next year

Originally posted by Since07:
He would have been the deep threat we needed during that run. Remember vsing the Giants in the NFCC? We had no WRs all hurt I think Kyle Williams was starting.. At least we knocked the Falcons out in the NFCC the next year

I doubt the run would have happened at all if we didn't have Aldon.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
People continue to act like the careers of WR's like ODB and Julio Jones would've been the same in SF. We can't develop or utilize a WR to save our lives.

Aaron Rodgers wouldve busted here, and so would Julio Jones. No use in playing the "woulda coulda shoulda" game.

Totally this. Had Julio came here, he would not have had the career he has now. Aldon benefited more because at that time the D was relentless. The O was mediocre and too conservative. Forwarding to now, Julio would definitely benefit more than Aldon would have.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Totally this. Had Julio came here, he would not have had the career he has now. Aldon benefited more because at that time the D was relentless. The O was mediocre and too conservative. Forwarding to now, Julio would definitely benefit more than Aldon would have.

I kind of agree with the WR part but Rodgers would still of been a stud. His talent is unreal and he makes players that shouldn't be in the NFL look legit.
The guys that thing A Rod would of busted here crack me up lol. The guy is elite as they come, the cream rises to the top.
Full of shtiBaugh
Share 49ersWebzone