There are 220 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the worst roster in the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do the 49ers have the worst roster in the NFL

I mean really? Of all 32 teams, two orginizations rank the SF 49ers to have the worst roster in the league? Unbelievable! What do you think? Do you agree? Cast your vote
[ Edited by alexsmith on Jun 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM ]
It is down there.
And our great GM thought it was a good idea NOT to spend 65 million worth of cap space for free agents.....
Wow, how far has the organization fallen? Another organization says the 49ers are not favored to win one game this year. I just can't wrap my head around that. They are just 3 seasons removed from the superbowl.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
And our great GM thought it was a good idea NOT to spend 65 million worth of cap space for free agents.....

Ultimately the buck stops with the ownership.
Originally posted by alexsmith:
Wow, how far has the organization fallen? Another organization says the 49ers are not favored to win one game this year. I just can't wrap my head around that. They are just 3 seasons removed from the superbowl.

It fell to the bottom with bad decision after bad decision from the FO. It seems fast because after every bad move, no matter how bad the move, it was celebrated and hailed as a good move that would bring us closer to a trophy, when in reality they were devastatingly bad decisions.
No qb
No Wrs
Stud rb always hurt
No stud cbs
Oline was horrible last season
Chip kelly

Pretty clear why they think 49ers suck
I think they're ranked around 25-31
One quote was that the "Defense... Is in turmoil", and stated that our best player on that side, Bowman, really wasn't very good last year.
Both citations of "evidence" that the 49ers are devoid of talent are lacking in fact and possibly even basic imagination.
Maybe one of the least developed from an experience standpoint, and one with among the fewest proven offensive playmakers, so yeah, subpar with a lot to improve upon.
But worst?
Let's see what the season holds.
20-25. a lot of youth though, so that can be a promise. if they develop we are easily top 10, but there goes the "ifs" again.
No, I think this is a good example of the low standards of journalism now. When we had the worst roster was when TDon gutted it and it was both old and useless. What we have now is a large collection of young players, some of whom look very promising and some of whom are unproven.

Obviously those looking to put Baalke or the team itself down are pleased to interpret this as the worst roster. I think this team has a great future. How quickly that future comes depends on a small group of key players who are either going to break through or they arent. Only time will tell.

We are being highly underrated. Defintely not the worst team in the league.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Really? Cause from what I remember watching last season. Listening to media, and looking at stats, we were clearly the worst team in the NFL last year. We had a better record last year than what we really played like and many agree
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Really? Cause from what I remember watching last season. Listening to media, and looking at stats, we were clearly the worst team in the NFL last year. We had a better record last year than what we really played like and many agree

Last year. And much of that was down to coaching.
Originally posted by English:
No, I think this is a good example of the low standards of journalism now. When we had the worst roster was when TDon gutted it and it was both old and useless. What we have now is a large collection of young players, some of whom look very promising and some of whom are unproven.

Obviously those looking to put Baalke or the team itself down are pleased to interpret this as the worst roster. I think this team has a great future. How quickly that future comes depends on a small group of key players who are either going to break through or they arent. Only time will tell.

Well said.
They are probably bottom 5 but I don't think they are the worst in the league. They are a poorly managed team with a bad GM, bad owner and a questionable coach.
Share 49ersWebzone