LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

How do you feel when some say that the 1994 49ers bought the superbowl....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I say so what.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fortunately, you won't have to hear that anymore since we wont be winning any SBs and Jed won't be spending any money on free agents.
eddie would not have spent the type of money on the type of free agents who were "free' this past year in my opinion

Eddie spent money, but spent it wisely. A lot of people said he was lavish, but the feeling by the players at the time was thst the 9ers were a family and that Eddie would do whatever it took to take care of winners. Need a line backer? Buy one. Need a DE, get the best. Need a CB? Check. But he didn't go out and blindly spend money on players that weren't worth it in general. You can't buy a premier player if one isn't available. That us kind of what ladt season FA market looked like to me, a whole lot if lunch meat packaged as Filet Mignon.
Idgaf
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
I say so what.

the 1994 spoiled niners brat version of cciowa says so what. the end justifies the means... the 2017 version of cciowa says. looking back. i wish we would have been a bit smarter with our money and our drafting which would have not led to the negative issues that followed later.. was so much simpler in 81. drafted well.developed players made a trade here and there
I say so what.

the 1994 spoiled niners brat version of cciowa says so what. the end justifies the means... the 2017 version of cciowa says. looking back. i wish we would have been a bit smarter with our money and our drafting which would have not led to the negative issues that followed later.. was so much simpler in 81. drafted well.developed players made a trade here and there

I just look back and see a trophy case full of Lombardi trophies!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Eddie spent money, but spent it wisely. A lot of people said he was lavish, but the feeling by the players at the time was thst the 9ers were a family and that Eddie would do whatever it took to take care of winners. Need a line backer? Buy one. Need a DE, get the best. Need a CB? Check. But he didn't go out and blindly spend money on players that weren't worth it in general. You can't buy a premier player if one isn't available. That us kind of what ladt season FA market looked like to me, a whole lot if lunch meat packaged as Filet Mignon.

me to 45. exactly it was later when the team started to spend big money for terrible free agents. langham wilkins and the king of them all johnny johnson. remember him? no one else did cuz we shelled out a s**tload of money for him in the late 90's and he never played a down. all that stuff started to happen when eddie was suspended 1998ish i think. the house was crumbling and the team got desperate and went to the well one to many times. hell even rod woodson was a bust. we ended up having to coax charles haley out of retirement in 98 for one last hurrah
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
I say so what.

I just look back and see a trophy case full of Lombardi trophies!
oh i agree. it was a different landscape back then before the cap and we could do whatever. but the 81 team will always be my favorite cuz it was the first one. i also think the 84 team would have whupped the 94 team!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hard to get in conversations about super bowls from 20+ years ago.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Antix:

Why's that. I remember it like it was yesterday. Ah memories.

Dat first drive when Jerry caught that first TD and bobby ross was all like what waths that
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Just wish they had left some room for Watters.

I don't think the team wanted him back. If I recall, he was a selfish ahole back then.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Just wish they had left some room for Watters.

I don't think the team wanted him back. If I recall, he was a selfish ahole back then.

nah, he just wanted to be paid like a dude who scored 3tds in a SB.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

why is that? its fun. you want to go back in time. i could talk all day about the best niner team that never was in the playoffs and that was the 76 team.. it is fun and it is important for us to spend some time( even though former poster buck hated it) to discuss and reflect back upon our history in my opinion
We won. I was happy.
I am reminded how delicious hater tears can be.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

Why's that. I remember it like it was yesterday. Ah memories.

Dat first drive when Jerry caught that first TD and bobby ross was all like what waths that

i remember some charger fan telling me they would win. I just remember looking at him and telling him " you know you will lose and you know it will not even be close".. it was so much fun to have that confidence and arrogance back then. remember bradshaw ripping elway before the 89/90 super bowl. something like " if denver is not careful it may be over at half time.".. god damn packers messed up our perfect season that year
Share 49ersWebzone