There are 201 users in the forums

Aussie 49ers fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hi guys. Aussie Niner fan here since 1988! Will tell you my story later but I had to join this forum as for some reason I can't access the Boards on the Niner offical site - The Red Zone etc.

Anyone else have a problem with that? I notice that site doesn't come up on Google now so did they have a major prob? Cheers all and look forward to hanging here now.

And Jarryd has disappointed me greatly with his move to a Mickey Mouse game. I stopped following him on Facebook and everything lol
Originally posted by Roo1249:
Hi guys. Aussie Niner fan here since 1988! Will tell you my story later but I had to join this forum as for some reason I can't access the Boards on the Niner offical site - The Red Zone etc.

Anyone else have a problem with that? I notice that site doesn't come up on Google now so did they have a major prob? Cheers all and look forward to hanging here now.

And Jarryd has disappointed me greatly with his move to a Mickey Mouse game. I stopped following him on Facebook and everything lol

Welcome mate. Don't go anywhere else. That other place has no where near the amount of banter or info available.
For any USA fans interested in what the chatter has been about regarding the Rugby League State of Origin I have a link with everything you need to know.

This is the pinnacle of that sport and where Jarryd Hayne (living in infamy) once roamed.

There are many on display that could make an impact in NFL if they learned it early enough.

49ers scouts should take note. In fact many other scouts do.

The American Footballer's guide to Rugby League State of Origin

https://aussiefaithful.com/watch-state-of-origin-america/?utm_content=buffer54169&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Welcome mate. Don't go anywhere else. That other place has no where near the amount of banter or info available.

Hey cheers bro. I didn;t mind the 'other place' actually but i'm sure you guys are cool too. I follow the AFL - St.Kilda is my team and I laugh when US Niners fans talk about the 'Dark Years' of 2003-8 etc, as being a Sainter I am well and truly acquainted with heartbreak!

Look forward to being on this forum
Originally posted by Roo1249:
Hey cheers bro. I didn;t mind the 'other place' actually but i'm sure you guys are cool too. I follow the AFL - St.Kilda is my team and I laugh when US Niners fans talk about the 'Dark Years' of 2003-8 etc, as being a Sainter I am well and truly acquainted with heartbreak!

Look forward to being on this forum

There is an AFL thread.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183275-afl-thread/

And one where we talk about other NFL players most of which have AFL links.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/185887-aussies-in-the-nfl/
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
G'day Roo good to see you on board.

Follow Rabbits advice about sticking to the right thread and stay relevant because there is a mod who likes to police that even in the parking lot
Originally posted by Goatie:
G'day Roo good to see you on board.

Follow Rabbits advice about sticking to the right thread and stay relevant because there is a mod who likes to police that even in the parking lot

lol will do bro
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Game 2 of the State of Origin match on tonight Brisbane time. A must for true football fans.
just got back from a sailing trip in Croatia and spent a whole week with Aussies and it was cool to see that they all knew the 49ers and rooted for them. Seems like NFL is getting bigger in Australia. Also, dam you guys can drink haha
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
just got back from a sailing trip in Croatia and spent a whole week with Aussies and it was cool to see that they all knew the 49ers and rooted for them. Seems like NFL is getting bigger in Australia. Also, dam you guys can drink haha

Yeh seem to be an explosion of interest in the game all theg guys at work all talk about it... we got couple 49er fans and some bronco fans let just say we went into hiding when denver won the sb lol... next time come to australia and you will see why we drink so much because it gets f**king hot here lol ohh and half naked girls running around the beaches

Glad you guys are still around with hayne leaving.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Dont worry hayne has left twice on me haha first time for the team i toot for in rugby league here in sydney then the niners, he only helped get me into it
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Of course. Many of us skirted around the edges of the NFL for years. Hayne just provided the focal point needed to solidify that interest.

The Niners are my team now, as much as any other team I follow in other sports.

You've always been good too Frozen, so bottoms up mate.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
My Bowman jersey recently arrived in the mail. Bought my 2016 GamePass. Bring on the new season! If only it didn't seem soooo far away right now.

On a side note, the US medium jersey I bought is about the size of an Aussie large so I'd recommend buying a size down from your usual if you look at getting one! Still fits OK if I throw another shirt on under it though so it's all good. :)
Originally posted by Zealot:
Of course. Many of us skirted around the edges of the NFL for years. Hayne just provided the focal point needed to solidify that interest.

The Niners are my team now, as much as any other team I follow in other sports.

You've always been good too Frozen, so bottoms up mate.

+1
Share 49ersWebzone