LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Punt Returner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I wish we drafted one of the best returners in the country last year. Seattle did it last year and it helped their special teams tremendously. Why the f couldn't we do that? It's not hard, get the best wr, CB or rb at returner and it's a done deal. Dam.

Oh, you mean like RW Mcquarters or Dexter Jackson?

No not at all. I mean a real college proven returned. Very simple really. Enough with these wrs we are teaching to return a punt and we all have to hope they won't fumble. We are happy if they simply don't botch or muff the punt. Pathetic.
This had been a need since 2013 and baalke still hasn't addressed the issues. Instead, he keeps drafting players with tore acl's. Man, this dude is an idiot.
Any chance Hayne will come back
Originally posted by jakethemuss:
Any chance Hayne will come back

No.
Shades of last year in this position.

Except I can't remember seeing so little heart or care factor.

Just another role that sucks. At least let Harris in there and have some fun.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Punt return is the very last of the issues the team has ATM.

Not used much this season as the DL has trouble stopping a drunk granny.

Given the effect though a good return can have on the team it surprises me how little the seem to care.
I'm feeling good about 3rd year healthy armstead,second year Buckner and a healthy Ian Williams. Guy in the middle sets the tone for the night. Obviously,other guys aren't getting this done. I feel like they must know dial is a great sub in or else hed be balling out as our next Franklin out of nowhere.
Share 49ersWebzone