LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Punt Returner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Since07:
Yea, DeAnthony Thomas or Cordarrelle Patterson

Patterson is great at kick offs but I don't think he does punt returns.
Is there anyone out there that is a free agent that would help our team?

Originally posted by agumby:
Because Hayne was tying up a position in the squad which makes the timing of his decision even worse, He should have left a month ago

True.
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
The knucklehead DB we drafted from LSU?

De Andre Smelter..24 yrs..6ft2in..227lb WR

I was just guessing they might want to see knucklehead in the return game, not responding to you.

I don't remember seeing anything about Smelter returning kicks though. You remember about when you read it?
Originally posted by agumby:
Because Hayne was tying up a position in the squad which makes the timing of his decision even worse, He should have left a month ago

I think Hayne was recently informed that his chances of making the final 53 are slim to zero. He isn't one to leave when his team needs him. He stuck with Parramatta, his rugby league team who were cellar dwellers for many years. This looks very much like a last minute decision. At the very least he should have played in the Paris (held last weekend) and the England tournaments (this weekend). Hayne's chances of making the Fiji sevens team are s**t as well. He has never played rugby union sevens in his life. The rules between league and union are very different. Union rule book is as thick as the bible. Picking up all the rules usually takes a year.
Kickoff returning will be a lost art with the move to the 25 for touchbacks.

See what Thomas would cost from KC.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 15, 2016 at 7:23 PM ]
No need for either, with kick-offs on the way out can punting be far behind? We're instituting Futbol rules and trying to make it a Gentleman's game like cricket.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran

I was just guessing they might want to see knucklehead in the return game, not responding to you.

I don't remember seeing anything about Smelter returning kicks though. You remember about when you read it?

I've been looking Chip but I must have my wires crossed
Pactiger confirmed also so .When I find out who I was thinking about I'll get back
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Wynton McManis
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
No need for either, with kick-offs on the way out can punting be far behind? We're instituting Futbol rules and trying to make it a Gentleman's game like cricket.

Must a kickoff be from a tee? What if teams began punting on the kickoff for hangtime and opportunity to get it downed inside the 20?
Will wait for Bellichik to try that one. Oh s**t, we may finally have a coach that also thinks outside the box to try that as well.

Kelly belongs in SF. For the last 12 years, we have had some serious inside the box coaches.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran

I've been looking Chip but I must have my wires crossed
Pactiger confirmed also so .When I find out who I was thinking about I'll get back

Redmond?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The rookie Prince, he runs a 4.3.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Niners dgaf bout Punt Returners.
Originally posted by Antix:
Niners dgaf bout Punt Returners.

Exactly lol. They would rather invest in a gunner than a PR
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran