LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

If Staley Goes Down

Shop Find 49ers gear online
.....then the young tackles we drafted will get more NFL snaps!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he'll scream hella loud then get back up
Don't sweat it Pears is still here
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not a pleasant topic. But if that did happen, we have nobody that can come in and handle the position adequately.

We saw what happened when our RT went down.

I think the LT would be worse x 10.

Thoughts??
if any prolific LT at any team goes down, your season is probably over more or less.
Originally posted by communist:
if any prolific LT at any team goes down, your season is probably over more or less.

Yes, this. I think I would put Thomas out there and play Driskell at QB, being probably the most mobile. Horrible topic.
Originally posted by English:

Yes, this. I think I would put Thomas out there and play Driskell at QB, being probably the most mobile. Horrible topic.

lol I doubt wed throw a rookie 6th round QB into the fire just because an OL got hurt.

If Staley went down, wed move Brown to LT, and put Pears back at RT. A terrible scenario, but its our own fault for letting a 2nd year 7th round pick be our 2nd best T on the roster.
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol I doubt wed throw a rookie 6th round QB into the fire just because an OL got hurt.

If Staley went down, wed move Brown to LT, and put Pears back at RT. A terrible scenario, but its our own fault for letting a 2nd year 7th round pick be our 2nd best T on the roster.

So, in the event of Staley going down for a couple of games we expose our starting QB to blindside sacks on every snap? That wraps up the season.

And thanks, Davis.

I know, starting left tackles are so easy to come by. I just wish we drafted two tackles in this draft! Oh wait....

So, in the event of Staley going down for a couple of games we expose our starting QB to blindside sacks on every snap? That wraps up the season.

And thanks, Davis.

Who cares if we expose Kap or Gabbert to blindside sacks?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
If Staley goes down, we is f**ked.
I got it, start teaching our QB to throw left handed or sign a lefty QB, that'll fix the blind side problem
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need to draft a stud LT and move Staley to RT. Maybe, next offseason they'll do that.
If Staley goes down. Pears sucks, he probably won't even be on the team by then. Theus and Cooper has experience in college but that's a scary thought to start a rookie, let alone on the blind side. It's not like we talking about Stanley, Tunsil, Conklin or Decker. So, how about...............BRANDON THOMAS? I know what your thinking this guy is a genius.

And thanks, Davis.

Who cares if we expose Kap or Gabbert to blindside sacks?

49ers fans?
Share 49ersWebzone