LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

What nickname should the Buckner - Armstead Duo Have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What nickname should the Buckner - Armstead Duo Have?

Trent Baalke Reloaded presents:

Two Brothers from Oregon:

Heavy Armstead

&

Deforest Buckshot

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, so basically, these dudes are 3rd stringers.

What are you talking about? AA has been with the 1st team all camp and Buckner is working with the 2s like most rookies in OTAs do.

Gonna have to come up with something better as far as hating on your "supposed" team

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Zgonina's going to ride these two hard.
DeFo proved his motor skills and hopefully Zgonina will improve his fundamentals. He's still in the bay area instead of chillin back home on Oahu so that's a good sign. AA on the other hand, we'll see...
Other:

'Glass half empty'
  • cools
  • Veteran
Buckner and Blair will end up being the devastating duo working together off the right side
Boom and bust
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
DeFo proved his motor skills and hopefully Zgonina will improve his fundamentals. He's still in the bay area instead of chillin back home on Oahu so that's a good sign. AA on the other hand, we'll see...

AA should get plenty of motivation
At every stop in his career Zgonina has been regarded as a unifying locker room force, less through cheerleading than through gruff, old-school ballbusting that could border on hazing. "When I was a young player, I was Zgonina's and [fellow veteran] Jeff Robinson's whipping boy," says former defensive end Grant Wistrom, who signed with the Rams for $12.7 million as the sixth pick overall in the 1998 draft. "They called me a bust every day. I was like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. Couldn't do anything right. The coaches tell the veterans not to haze rookies, but I made more money with one swipe of the pen than maybe Jeff Zgonina has made in his entire career. I deserved to get hazed. And it made me a better player.

What should we call them? How about the Defensive Ends?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by English:
What should we call them? How about the Defensive Ends?

How proper of you.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
The Lame Ducks
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What about...

The Anchor & The Pushover!!
Buck and Suck
Share 49ersWebzone