There are 164 users in the forums

scrubs waived thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The great gaskins?

But he looked like a sure fire all pro on a few carries.

Right. He was a key member of one of the mpst talented collection of running backs in the league.
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
nooooo not Thompson! he's a future HOFer!

Stared down receivers worse than any NFL QB Ive ever seen.
Oh thats good.
Ms. Marcus Martin survives for now.
Did we get rid of Tart?

Don't see him anywhere on the depth chart above.
Originally posted by PacTiger:

for now.
Corey lemon should be next with pears. Easy decision.

No.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on May 6, 2016 at 4:48 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

doc hates me but i still think at 21 , with better coaches. if last year did not destroy him mentally he could be salvaged into a respectable back up center
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Watching Gaskins run dam near caused me to go blind

he did the best he could considering what he is and the type of line he had to work with. there was no place for him even in pre season in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BillWalshField:
Here's the thing about Pears. He was brought in as a G and then was switched to T when Davis retired. He was horrible as a T but never got a chance at G

He'll get a look at G before he's cut. I hope that happens but I understand at least looking at him as a G

Devey on the other hand was brought in as a G, sucked as a G, so it make sense to not even give a thought and cut him right away.
plus pears should stay and take reps for staley at tackle so that staley does not get hurt... if he gets hurt,.its no big deal and better than having staley in there during pre season. then you dump pears in about week two of pre season after we used him for what we can

Originally posted by cciowa:

doc hates me but i still think at 21 , with better coaches. if last year did not destroy him mentally he could be salvaged into a respectable back up center

Well, he's actually 22 and turns 23 this year, but I get the point either way. Perhaps he makes a big year 3 leap like some players do. I feels like he's been on the team longer, only because time seems to slow down during a catastrophe.
Like it. No wasting time on guys who won't make the final roster.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like it. No wasting time on guys who won't make the final roster.

yep. if you are going to start taking out the trash. take it out early so it does not stink up the rest of the place. the guys who have been dumped have had enough of a body of work to call them non essential units. our rookies and undrafted guys are unknowns and should not be declared trash until we see them in action in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Well, he's actually 22 and turns 23 this year, but I get the point either way. Perhaps he makes a big year 3 leap like some players do. I feels like he's been on the team longer, only because time seems to slow down during a catastrophe.

that is how i feel to.. as doc's head blows up
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

that is how i feel to.. as doc's head blows up

I just don't like how he's always over powered...especially for his size.

He got punked around in the second half of 2014, and then again in 2015.
Share 49ersWebzone