LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

ROOKIE'S JERSEY #::

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can someone make a thread with the actual numbers?
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Why?
Originally posted by Andra:

Why?

why not
  • Andra
  • Veteran

Why?

why not

Sorry I was just being a ass. but I don't think there should be a thread to discuss the actual number the rookies have. I guess it's something that I don't really think about. Ever

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/185921-official-49ers-rookie-jersey-numbers/

Why?

why not

Sorry I was just being a ass. but I don't think there should be a thread to discuss the actual number the rookies have. I guess it's something that I don't really think about. Ever

all good
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/185921-official-49ers-rookie-jersey-numbers/

Thanks
Originally posted by WINiner:
Retiring of #'s is kinda dumb imo. It's a practice that can't be continued indefinitely because the team will run out. The ONLY damn time a # should be retired is if the player who's known for wearing it is in the HoF, anything less and it's free game imo and even that is semi lame.....

The 49ers have retired 12 numbers in 70 seasons. Thats even with being a dynasty, with some of the best to ever play. Lets say 21, 52, and 97 are also unofficially retired as well. So 15 in 70 years.

So we average retiring a number every 4.7 years. That leaves 84 available numbers for 53 roster spots. So wed have to retire 31 numbers in order to "run out", which would take at least 145 years at that rate.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Garnett is not a Center.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Retiring of #'s is kinda dumb imo. It's a practice that can't be continued indefinitely because the team will run out. The ONLY damn time a # should be retired is if the player who's known for wearing it is in the HoF, anything less and it's free game imo and even that is semi lame.....

The 49ers have retired 12 numbers in 70 seasons. Thats even with being a dynasty, with some of the best to ever play. Lets say 21, 52, and 97 are also unofficially retired as well. So 15 in 70 years.

So we average retiring a number every 4.7 years. That leaves 84 available numbers for 53 roster spots. So wed have to retire 31 numbers in order to "run out", which would take at least 145 years at that rate.

This, I don't see the issue with not giving out 52, 21, and 97, those players are 49ers HOF'ers, and should be HOF'ers overall IMO.

The most teams have at one time on the roster are usually 63 players(53 active and 10 PS), plus a few IR or PUP guys, so what 73 players total(Which I think is the highest in the last 6 years at one time for us).

Originally posted by mayo49:
Garnett is not a Center.

This too, Garnett is not a Center, he will likely start at RG, and then move to LG in a few years, as Beadles is a LG, he hasn't played RG in years, and he was a Pro Bowl LG in a ZBS in Denver.
Garnett has Devey's old #. If he makes me forget that guy ever existed upon the first mandatory minicamp it'll be a roaring success.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Garnett has Devey's old #. If he makes me forget that guy ever existed upon the first mandatory minicamp it'll be a roaring success.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Thanks

OP should update the post on what the actual numbers are now for quick reference.

2016 Draft Picks
Ronald Blair DL 98
DeForest Buckner DL 99
Aaron Burbridge WR 13
Fahn Cooper OL 64
Jeff Driskel QB 6
Prince Charles Iworah CB 30
Rashard Robinson CB 33
Kelvin Taylor RB 23
John Theus OL 78

2016 Undrafted Free Agents
Kevin Anderson LB 48