There are 179 users in the forums

Who gets traded before the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So now that the draft is over, what players if any, do you see us potentially trading away, so that we get something for them, instead of possibly losing them for nothing if we cut them?
Bethea if they can get anything for him. Wouldn't be shocked if they traded Reid. Kap also would be a candidate.
I wouldn't mind losing Bethea or Kap, both are replaceable with what we have. Reid I'd like to see what he does this year though. Hopefully we're active in trading players while we can, before they have no value to us anymore, or other teams.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I wouldn't mind losing Bethea or Kap, both are replaceable with what we have. Reid I'd like to see what he does this year though. Hopefully we're active in trading players while we can, before they have no value to us anymore, or other teams.

We always trade guys towards the conclusion of preseason. We now have as much young talent as anyone. Lots of very recent draft picks that we should be able to showcase and add some more picks from
We should keep Bethea. If Kap can't beat out the competition, we need to set him free...
A couple cbs

Maybe a wr or 2
Bethea
Miller
McDonald
Brock
Devey
Pears
TJE
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Bethea
Miller
McDonald
Brock
Devey
Pears
TJE

Only ones who would command anything good are Bethea and Miller, doubt Brock would net us anything more than a late rd pick. TJE nothing, Pears, Devey nothing also. McDonald idk, former 2nd rd pick who can't catch, 7th rd pick maybe?
It could be Reid since we haven't picked up his option yet. His play has dropped 2 years in a row. He's rated like the 38th best safety. I could see us offer up Tiller, Brown, Bethea, Brooks, Brock, Devey, Pears or Martin.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Bethea
Miller
McDonald
Brock
Devey
Pears
TJE

Only ones who would command anything good are Bethea and Miller, doubt Brock would net us anything more than a late rd pick. TJE nothing, Pears, Devey nothing also. McDonald idk, former 2nd rd pick who can't catch, 7th rd pick maybe?

McDonald played well when he had a qb who would get him the ball imo.

Originally posted by 49erChica:
We should keep Bethea. If Kap can't beat out the competition, we need to set him free...

Kap won't be healthy. Blaine will start just like Shaun Hill did in 2009, and then Kap will takeover when Blaine falters, just like Alex did.
BROOKS or McdanoldZ.. they signed Celeck 2 more years (DRAFTED Bell and stashed Busta on IR)
Kaepernick & Anthony Davis please!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone gets traded, only released.

5 QB's on the roster = Thompson and Lewis get the axe.

9 CB's on the roster = surprise cut, Tramaine Brock and Keith Reaser
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't think anyone gets traded, only released.

5 QB's on the roster = Thompson and Lewis get the axe.

9 CB's on the roster = surprise cut, Tramaine Brock and Keith Reaser

Agree on Thompson. Something is nagging me about the Lewis signing. Still thinking about that, but it is the obvious call with spending the pick on Driskel.

Interesting call on Brock and Reaser. Wouldn't be surprised though.
Share 49ersWebzone