There are 265 users in the forums

Goodbye WR Aaron Burbridge! - 6th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
He and Bolden will be casualties of a crowded roster.
Can we get any trade capital out of any of them?

negative. Both have shown next to nothing
cut em and bring in two offensive linemen and the d tackle guy
honestly forgot about this guy.
I agree that Burbridge has Zero chance to make the 53 man, and no point in trying to sneak him onto the PS, because we don't need him. Might as well have players on the PS that we're kind of weak at, or that we keep a light amount at on the 53, thus if someone gets hurt on the 53, we have someone ready off the PS. Burbridge should get the Beadles treatment, and be cut early so he can get a chance to latch on else where.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
honestly forgot about this guy.

Who?
He probably won't even make it to TC. Probably cut him to sign a more important free agent.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Unless he miraculously balls out, he's gone. i wanted him to succeed, but he just hasn't shown anything. Same with Victor Bolden.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on May 9, 2018 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I forgot this guy was still on the team until this photo was posted on 49ers.com yesterday lol.

Everything out camp points to this guy making the team lol.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 2, 2018 at 10:49 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I forgot this guy was still on the team until this photo was posted on 49ers.com yesterday lol.

Everything out camp points to this guy making the team lol.

Much more likely than Mostert who is going to lose his spot to Williams.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Fine idea!
Unless he miraculously balls out, he's gone. i wanted him to succeed, but he just hasn't shown anything. Same with Victor Bolden.

A miracle appears to be materializing.
We'll find out for certain in the first preseason game, but has anyone heard where Burbridge is playing? Slot?
We'll find out for certain in the first preseason game, but has anyone heard where Burbridge is playing? Slot?

I thought he was in line to be used like they did with Bourne last year, until he got injured...
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for 49ers81.
That's because like a lot of people in this forum you don't pay attention. He made about half a dozen hella wicked plays on special teams his rookie year. He has also been getting a lot of good press from the beat writers in this year's camp. His problem is that he is caught up in a number's game. I think his biggest competition is going to come from Mostert since both have reps as top notch special teams guys. I think a lot will depend on how Joe Williams does in pre-season. If he balls out and shows that big play potential that he was drafted for, and which Mostert doesn't possess, he might make it as the third back which leaves a need for another gunner on special teams. The other wild card is Boldin who has some ability in the return game but is looking at a four game suspension at the beginning of the season. You also have James and Reed who I think have both been returners. There are going to be some tough cuts this year and players who don't make the team will probably have a good chance of ending up being a contributor somewhere else.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Share 49ersWebzone