LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

RB Kelvin Taylor - 6th Round pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not to beat a dead horse but it sounds like from what Hyde said that he can hit a hole in the line quickly and decisively too. That would be a huge plus if he was effective up the middle as well as outside.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Hyde needs to be concern of his yearly on-going problem of trying to stay healthy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Hyde needs to be concern of his yearly on-going problem of trying to stay healthy

i am sure he is . to bad as we had a bunch of positive posts in a row about our one of our players so of course it had to stop

Uh huh. I am sure he will try not to break a bone in his foot again this year...
Originally posted by mojave45:

Uh huh. I am sure he will try not to break a bone in his foot again this year...
or take a cheap shot to the knee
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

or take a cheap shot to the knee

Right. Because you only get those particular injuries if you aren't healthy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by LVJay:
If he can just be healthy for the entire year, that would be a HUGE plus right there, and hold on to the ball when he gets his chances!!

Yeah let's start there.

Dude is under the radar, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out being real good.

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by LVJay:
During Hyde interview they asked him about Kelvin and Hyde's face lit up. Says Kelvin is decisive about hitting a hole, no stutter in his step, and praised his receiving too.

That's the kinda feedback I like to hear

that would be huge, if he can be a dangerous receiver out of the backfield ...we need weapons and playmakers

I really like this pick now...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I saw Taylor play about 5 times last year, the most interesting part is that Florida's offense did not call for him to go out of the backfield to catch lots of passes.. I know Kelly likes those middle screen (Oregon and LeMichael James) and also have used Sproles often on gimmick plays.. maybe this could be Taylor's future in the team..
Frank gore lite!
I'm real impressed with his elusiveness and the way he hits a hole--very decisive. If he can pass protect as well, he will be a keeper IMHO.

He is great at juking
Originally posted by cools:
Seems like a Kendall Hunter type, good pass catcher, good outside runner,great vision and elusiveness

Teach him how to block a blitzing OLB/DE and we may have our #2 back

No fumbles in SEC conference pretty impressive

Thought the same.
Haven't heard too much about him, I think he's gonna fight Harris for a spot. Think Mike Davis has a spot secured. Draughn gets cut.
Seems like a Kendall Hunter type, good pass catcher, good outside runner,great vision and elusiveness

Backs don't stay in to block much in Kelly's system. They flare out as receivers. We welcome the blitz...chance for a simple big hitter.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Backs don't stay in to block much in Kelly's system. They flare out as receivers. We welcome the blitz...chance for a simple big hitter.

Nothing like a big gain to keep the rush honest.

Nice comparison cool, Hunter was a lil stronger down stairs IMO, could be wrong. But yeah, maybe he'll play the NFL version of Lamichael James
Share 49ersWebzone