LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

QB Jeff Driskel - 6th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Driskel's productivity was great at L-Tech, but some of the write ups indicate a guy who may never step foot on the field during an NFL game. I sure like the pick as a shot at a guy on the rise late in his career. Big, fast, strong, good arm...just has questionable decision-making and field vision...sounds familiar somehow...

Cody Pickett? He played on special teams too...
Gonna blow up the Webzone if Kelly does this and Driskell attempts a pass. Complete or incomplete, I see a meltdown coming, LOL!

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Versatile-Driskel-Making-a-Bid-for-49ers-Active-Roster-383278101.html
Originally posted by mojave45:
Gonna blow up the Webzone if Kelly does this and Driskell attempts a pass. Complete or incomplete, I see a meltdown coming, LOL!

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Versatile-Driskel-Making-a-Bid-for-49ers-Active-Roster-383278101.html

Having Both Driskel and Bell in on the punt team could open up lots of opportunities.
[ Edited by 02-10DidNotHappen on Jun 16, 2016 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Originally posted by mojave45:

Having Both Driskel and Bell in on the punt team could open up lots of opportunities.

Yup. At the very least it has to cause consternation on the other sideline.I am all for keeping the other side guessing, and on edge. And can you imagine if they actually pull something off, LOL?
Dr Driskell Drew: The Tooth Book.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Drisk.
Take that starting spot
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
He ran lots of DRAW PLAYS at LaTech.. I'd love to use his size on doing this inside 7 yard line, while use THE BELL DOZER on QB-sneaks when 2 yards or less is needed..

and from time to time, why not run his (Bell) INFAMOUS Goal Line play called " OKLAHOMA JUMBO RIGHT, TEBOW JUMPMAN PASS " !!!
I don't care for that last sentence, but can't wait to see what he can do in preseason. Whether he can improve to be a starter who knows, but we'll see.

THE GOOD

9. QB Jeff Driskel. Completed 11-of-14 passes with the third-team offense and made the throw of the day. Torrey Smith was running a corner route against Cover 2 zone defense. Driskel threw the pass before Smith made his break, the ball floated over leaping cornerback Keith Reaser, who was covering a zone in the flat, and hit Smith's hands before the safety could run over and knock it down. Perfect throw. Do you think Driskel will start a game next season?
[ Edited by ninerAxe on Aug 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM ]
I know franchise QB's aren't often found in the 6th round, but I want to kick the tires on this guy to find out what we have in him. Be that a capable backup or something better.

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I know franchise QB's aren't often found in the 6th round, but I want to kick the tires on this guy to find out what we have in him. Be that a capable backup or something better.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of reps in the pre season
Originally posted by lamontb:

Unless he stinks it up bad in preseason I hope we don't decide waive him in favor of Thad Lewis. I don't see him making it through waivers either way honestly. Up to how many QBs did Chip have in Philly during each season?
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

Unless he stinks it up bad in preseason I hope we don't decide waive him in favor of Thad Lewis. I don't see him making it through waivers either way honestly. Up to how many QBs did Chip have in Philly during each season?

He was a 6th round pick. I would expect to see him stinking it up some what in pre season versus looking like a stud. And I think he'll make it though waivers. I'm not 100% sure but I think Chip kept 3 qb's. Driskell will probably be on the practice squad
He was a 6th round pick. I would expect to see him stinking it up some what in pre season versus looking like a stud. And I think he'll make it though waivers. I'm not 100% sure but I think Chip kept 3 qb's. Driskell will probably be on the practice squad

Odds are higher of Thad Lewis clearing waivers over Driskell. Driskell still has superb potential and some team may like enough of what they see.

Lewis has been in the league since 2010 and has what to show for it?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
how's he looking in that return man roll?
Share 49ersWebzone