LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

QB Jeff Driskel - 6th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Antix:
Im a FSU fan and UF fans HATED him. They were damn near having a parade when he left. I dont expect much.

I'm an FSU guy as well, the fact that UF fans hate him so much, makes me like him

Oh i loved him while he was at UF. But now that he's here im kinda meh. Hopefully Im worng.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He got completely mishandled at Florida. He was a top prospect that they just destroyed. Its like having a s**ttier Geep Chryst trying to develop a QB. They took a top pro style QB recruit and absolutely crushed him physically and mentally, creating a perfect "How to" guide for ruining a national top QB recruit.

Wonder what Driskel would have done with Chip at Oregon? I'm thinking it would have been pretty good.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Apr 30, 2016 at 2:20 PM ]
Dude was turrible in the SEC against good teams. Some of UF's worst teams in program history had him at QB.

He definitely didn't live up to expectations, but re invented himself at LTech.
Great potential for the 6th round. Has all the size and measurables u want. Plus he can run. Hmm with proper coaching could be a steal
Love this pick and this late in the draft! Prescott and Driskel were my guys to target later in the draft. Great value IMO. He could prove to be nothing in which case it's a low 6th wasted(i.e. No big deal) but he has crazy potential.

Needs to get his head right and bust his ass. Hopefully he uses the fact that he went so low as fuel to take this seriously.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Now to get rid of Gabbert!!!

No now get rid of Krappernick
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Im a FSU fan and UF fans HATED him. They were damn near having a parade when he left. I dont expect much.

He got completely mishandled at Florida. He was a top prospect that they just destroyed. Its like having a s**ttier Geep Chryst trying to develop a QB. They took a top pro style QB recruit and absolutely crushed him physically and mentally, creating a perfect "How to" guide for ruining a national top QB recruit.

Yeah his time at Florida wasn't pretty. This smells like a Chip-pick. Don't love it. In order for him to be successful, he'll have to sit at least 2-3 years.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 1m1 minute ago

In 2015, Jeff Driskel's QB rating under pressure actually increased from 103.8 to 107.2.

The Joe Montana gene!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

In 2015, Jeff Driskel's QB rating under pressure actually increased from 103.8 to 107.2.

The Joe Montana gene!!!

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The Joe Montana gene!!!

Oh God Keap is getting traded or cut or isn't healthy enough to play this year or said he wouldn't play or wants more money or won't compete for the starting job or.....or......or......or
Love this pick. Like him better then a lot of QBs drafted earlier
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
this KID will for sure be our 3rd stringer this year...

That's an interesting stat. Especially since throwing under pressure was his biggest knock. He greatly improved going from Florida to Louisiana Tech.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
i don't know enough to have an informed opinion but damn he has nice height/weight.
Share 49ersWebzone