LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

OT Fahn Cooper Ole Miss - 5th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by titan:
Good pick! Need new blood on OLine that has hope to be good.

Yepp, thats the right way to look at it!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Solid pick, if I were Trent Brown I'd be worried. I think Cooper is gonna prove to be one of the best picks of the 49ers draft. I watched a little of him at RT and the kid can move he's got good feet for a wall.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Baalke had already stated that not everyone he drafts will make the team, so, why would he draft a player this late that would give CHIP a problem in regards to making the roster??
He's got that arm length and hand size down.

It looks like he's got the size and experience to compete immediately, but his combine numbers make it sound like he'll need to work on his body.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Solid pick, if I were Trent Brown I'd be worried. I think Cooper is gonna prove to be one of the best picks of the 49ers draft. I watched a little of him at RT and the kid can move he's got good feet for a wall.

Either way hopefully we found our swing tackle and Pears days are numbered.
I have a feeling this guy is going to be our future RT
Liked this pick had in him my mock played well when tunsil was out...had a feeling he was on the radar when our OL coach was working out the old miss OTs
Originally posted by 9moon:
Baalke had already stated that not everyone he drafts will make the team, so, why would he draft a player this late that would give CHIP a problem in regards to making the roster??

What did you expect him to do, cancel the late picks? GM's know that not everyone they draft will make the team, they just don't know who. Surely that is clear enough? Baalke took a player this late who he thought offered the best value, ie had the best shot at it. I am pretty sure that Chip will be happy to have tough choices as to who should stay or go.

He said that before the draft in the context of having 12 picks. He was explaining that there was a good chance he'd use some of the picks to move around a bit, which he did.

On the 46 They'll have their two starting tackles and a swing, with maybe a 4th on the 53 but not suiting up.

Cooper was drafted to compete to be the swing.

Not a pick to get super excited about IMO, but a really solid one, and a need to be sure.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Would you look at that boys head. It's like an orange on a toothpick.

Originally posted by SFrush:

We did and they are Love the Cooper pick. Played well in Tunsils absence and I think he will give Brown a run for his money at RT in Chip's ZBS. Very athletic big man
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFrush:

Cooper can play Guard and RT, trust me Pears days ARE numbered, he won't make the 53.
Originally posted by jreff22:
https://vine.co/v/iP2EBZIATMh

Lol this is great
Originally posted by English:

What did you expect him to do, cancel the late picks? GM's know that not everyone they draft will make the team, they just don't know who. Surely that is clear enough? Baalke took a player this late who he thought offered the best value, ie had the best shot at it. I am pretty sure that Chip will be happy to have tough choices as to who should stay or go.

English is on the money, this is the perfect example of taking of taking the teams highest rated player available. There is going to be a lot of competition at the right tack spot so these picks better bring their A game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jreff22:
https://vine.co/v/iP2EBZIATMh

Lol this is great

Holy s**t. Straight Minister of Defense club move!
Share 49ersWebzone