There are 213 users in the forums

Welcome OT John Theus - Fifth Round Pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
We will for sure have crazy competition at G on this team.

Kinda wish we had ANY competition at C too.

Fixed...
Originally posted by NCommand:
For sure...that is one starter position I'm concerned about along with RT is Brown can't beat out Pears for some odd reason. We just have no depth there unless Martin takes a big leap forward. I do feel better with Kilgore in the ZBS on stretch runs but I don't think he has the power to hold the POC on inside zone runs but we'll see.

BTW, this is form MB yesterday:

First team: LT Joe Staley, LG Zane Beadles, C Daniel Kilgore, RG Brandon Thomas, RT Erik Pears

Second team: LT Colin Kelly, LG Ian Silberman, C Marcus Martin, RG Andrew Tiller, RT Trent Brown

Third team: LT Norman Price*, LG Blake Muir*, C Alex Balducci*, RG Fahn Cooper*, RT John Theus*

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article80893787.html#storylink=cpy

Anyone else find it curious that a 5th round draft pick/rookie is playing right tackle, while an undrafted free agent rookie is playing left tackle in OTAs? I woulda thunk it would be the other way around.
Gonna be an I.R special on the low low candidate possibly.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
wow... injury again?

I was expecting this kid to be our SWING TACKLE..
Originally posted by 9moon:
wow... injury again?

I don't think so, I read he was held out of practice with no reason. But now with AD back, we should stash him because AD can slide to either T position&bring one of our starting caliber G's off the bench. More important spot on roster elsewhere.
Who is the roody poo?

wow... injury again?

That's Anthony davis.
either him or cooper are goners imo. maybe even both. doubt we're carrying more than 8 linemen
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
either him or cooper are goners imo. maybe even both. doubt we're carrying more than 8 linemen

Why are they gone? Doesn't other team have to put them on their active roster to claim them? They got PS written all over them.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
wow... injury again?

I don't think so, I read he was held out of practice with no reason. But now with AD back, we should stash him because AD can slide to either T position&bring one of our starting caliber G's off the bench. More important spot on roster elsewhere.

though AD has never ever played on the left side...
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

ad cant play lt, he even cant handle speed rushers on the right side to begin with

Originally posted by Passerby49:
I may be a minority... But I believe with a year of learning the Zone Blocking scheme Kelly likes to run, Theus may turn out well. He has the physicality to really show up, I just think he needs patience. Plus.. anyone is better than the train wreck we saw last year. If anything, it was a good idea to bolster our line!
Absolutely. I think there is a plan and vision for the future in place. We just have to hope guys like Theus develop and key cogs are acquired to make that vision work.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
But if we're desperate, AD will swing both ways
Originally posted by LVJay:
But if we're desperate, AD will swing both ways

I guess it's safe to say if they do think AD/Brown can play LT if Staley goes down(knock on wood he doesn't)...Theus most likely doesn't make it. If they don't have faith they can, I think Theus is a lock. As far as Cooper goes, who knows.. Still a possibility Beadles/Tiller/AD get traded.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I guess it's safe to say if they do think AD/Brown can play LT if Staley goes down(knock on wood he doesn't)...Theus most likely doesn't make it. If they don't have faith they can, I think Theus is a lock. As far as Cooper goes, who knows.. Still a possibility Beadles/Tiller/AD get traded.

Oh man, say it isn't so (Tiller or AD), not unless it's someone of much value (worthy WR perhaps), but still, we finally have good depth and good starters on the line, once again...
Originally posted by LVJay:

Oh man, say it isn't so (Tiller or AD), not unless it's someone of much value (worthy WR perhaps), but still, we finally have good depth and good starters on the line, once again...

I know I know, but we can't get too greedy and almost bank someone will get hurt..especially if a proven starting caliber WR is on the table or a nice draft pick. At the same darn time,with lack of explosive pass catching weapons(though I believe Kelly's scheme will have wideouts/TEs produce)... I'm down to keep all our OL&roll with 4 RBs to run down hill all day;constantly rotating and keeping guys fresh.
Share 49ersWebzone