LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-signs with Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jullian Taylor will compete for Blair's roster spot. Probably a year away from having a chance to take it.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Karma:
Jullian Taylor will compete for Blair's roster spot. Probably a year away from having a chance to take it.

I don't know about that. Evey time Blair gets to play he makes plays. U think he will be a bigger part of the rotation this season
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Karma:

I don't know about that. Evey time Blair gets to play he makes plays. U think he will be a bigger part of the rotation this season

That could definitely happen. I just mean he is low on the DL depth chart and Taylor is the young player waiting in the wings. Taylor probably goes to the PS and Blair needs to play well to stave off redundancy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
If he sticks around, Arik with Solly back at leo. Leger won't be on the roster. Possibly not Tank, either. Blair is rotational depth.

That's the way I'm leaning as well. I'm 50/50 on Tank. If that dude could have added some edge rush, I'd be all for resigning him.

What in the world ever happened to that rotating DL where we have 2 sets of DLs, 4 each, who play 5 downs and then rotate.? I mean with:
DeFo, AA, Solomon, the Douz, DJ jones, Blair, Tank...there you go...except we have no ER. If we are really playing only 4 guys, which is the way it seemed last yr, then ok, we go with 4 DLs, and several backups. But i really liked the idea of two DLs that rotated...but that never got off the ground.

As do I. I think we might be a year away from seeing that. I was really hoping for AA to back up Buckner. He does have a chance to shine however at big end however. I have no real expectations however. I also hope not scooping Landry in the 2nd (great value IMO) doesn't come back to bite us. A D-line of Thomas/Blair-Jones/Mitchell-Buckner/Armstead-Landry/Marsh would've been sweet.
It's time to take that starting BE spot, Ronnie.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's time to take that starting BE spot, Ronnie.

Yeah, I'm done with AA - it's Blair time!
Here's something that's missing from Armstead's career: an impact play.

We take the fight to passive tackles. Snatch. Swim. Collect.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 31, 2018 at 10:12 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT !!!

HE COMINNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!
This dude is a beast; non-stop motor. All he needs is more reps. Kind of reminds me of a slimmer Anthony Adams.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This dude is a beast; non-stop motor. All he needs is more reps. Kind of reminds me of a slimmer Anthony Adams.

He's going to help us forget AA.

AA who??

Wonder why they gave Taylor the reps in front of Blair?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

They know what they got in Blair, they want to see what the rookie has when he isn't playing with the scrubs
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

They know what they got in Blair, they want to see what the rookie has when he isn't playing with the scrubs

That would be my guess too.

but but but he is a Baalke guy
Share 49ersWebzone